Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upper screen area cut off on monoceiver (car device)

Upper screen area cut off on monoceiver (car device)

My Question or Issue

With the Spotify app, the upper screen area is always cut off on the monoceiver (car device).

In the screenshots you can see:
-The Gerärt has no HW buttons, but there is a "device specific bar" on the top of the screen.

-Other apps like Google Maps recognize the usable screen area and use only this to display the app.
-Spotify tries to use the whole screen, although the upper area is used by the "device specific bar".
Some apps, such as several launchers, can also overlay the "device-specific bar" and use the entire screen. (This would also be a very useful bonus feature for Spotify.

From my point of view, it is a bug in the Spotify app that it trys to use the whole screen and not the "usable" area. E.g. the library can only be accessed by clicking on the very top left of what's left of the library display.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

PXL_20210909_112257050.jpgPXL_20210909_112307530.jpgPXL_20210909_112236205.MP.jpg

Plan

Premium

Country

DE

Device

Klyde KD1280

Operating System

Android 8

6 Replies

Hey @65g-d_vfwzn7e

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome 🙂

Just to confirm, did this start to happen recently or has it always looked like this? 

If possible, could you try reinstalling the Spotify app on your car device to see if you notice any difference?

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Novi,

the problem exists permanently with my device. After an reinstall of spotify it exists anyway.

Greetings

Hey @65g-d_vfwzn7e,

Thanks for the info 🙂

Could you check if the firmware is up-to-date? If it isn't, you can try updating it to see if that makes a difference.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi,

the Firmware is the newest, and the Device will only get newer firmwares in combination with change of the mainboard against a stronger one.

From my perspective of an developer view:

-spotify app uses the whole screen without respecting the usable screen size

-all other apps on the device are respecting the usable screen size and they use only this

So i think its a clear bug in the spotify software

Greetings

Hi, is this problem now accepted as an bug ?

Greetings

Hi @65g-d_vfwzn7e,

Thank you for your reply.

It sounds like your car's device is having difficulties syncing up with the API.  At this point we can suggest a factory reset if you want to try it out, but we're afraid we can't guarantee that will solve it.

Since we haven't been getting any other recent reports of this specific device, it might be isolated to your set up.

Hope this info helps. Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts