Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Use Tasker to Open Spotify in Thumbnail/Tile View

Solved!

Use Tasker to Open Spotify in Thumbnail/Tile View

Dear community,

I was able to use Tasker to start Spotify automatically open and play a playlist on shuffle mode using the code below on my Nexus 7. However, I'd like the app to start in "tile/thumbnail view" instead of the "list view". There is a arrow button in the bottom left corner of the Spotify app which allows me to switch manually between the two modes, but I'd like to know how to use Tasker to automattically switch to the "tile/thumbnail view."

I found this website: Website with Spotify App intents which has a list of the intents. There is one named:

"com.sonymobile.media.dashboard.ACTION_VIEW_MUSIC_TILE"

but I tried using that in Tasker and nothing really happens. Maybe I'm not entering it right into Tasker.

Anyway, here are the steps I used to start Spotify in shuffle mode taken from https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Start-shuffled-Playlist-with-Android-Intent/m-p/1268715/hig...

1) Add an Action to Load Spotify
2) Add a Wait (just to be sure the app loads fully) - I have 3 seconds
3) Send an Intent like this: 
            Action: android.media.action.MEDIA_PLAY_FROM_SEARCH
            Cat: Default
            Data&colon; spotify:user:<USER ID>:playlist:<PLAYLIST ID>:play
            Package: com.spotify.music
            Objective: Activity
4) Add a Wait of 300ms (i use this because the step 3 always plays the first song on the playlist, even though is in shuffle play) 
5) Send another intent like this:
            Action: com.spotify.mobile.android.ui.widget.NEXT
            Package: com.spotify.music
            Objective: Broadcast Receiver

Thanks guys!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Well you're in luck. I found out how to do this after I posted. You need to install the Auto Notification plugin which is under $2 with a 7 day trial.

Once it's installed go to settings in the Auto Notification app and tick the "Intercept All" option.

Now, go into Tasker and add a new item to your task list by clicking the + sign; select Plug Ins and choose Auto Notification, then select Query. The the only setting you need to set in the query is under Apps: select Spotify.

Now you need to create one more task. Plug Ins > Auto Notification > Actions: select the only option (Intercept Action ID), and enter %antouchaction

Basically what this does is emulates a click on the Spotify notification in you notification bar. When you click on that notification it brings you to the album cover page of the track that's playing.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I just posted a similar questons and then found your post.  Just checking in to see if you've been successful in figuring out how to do this.

Not yet.

Marked as solution

Well you're in luck. I found out how to do this after I posted. You need to install the Auto Notification plugin which is under $2 with a 7 day trial.

Once it's installed go to settings in the Auto Notification app and tick the "Intercept All" option.

Now, go into Tasker and add a new item to your task list by clicking the + sign; select Plug Ins and choose Auto Notification, then select Query. The the only setting you need to set in the query is under Apps: select Spotify.

Now you need to create one more task. Plug Ins > Auto Notification > Actions: select the only option (Intercept Action ID), and enter %antouchaction

Basically what this does is emulates a click on the Spotify notification in you notification bar. When you click on that notification it brings you to the album cover page of the track that's playing.

Suggested posts