User data

Plan

Premium

Device

Moto G5s+

Operating System

Android 8.1.0

My Question or Issue

So i've notices my spotify app takes up 6G of space ( as much as all my other apps together) the point is that the config in the app tells me that the downloads are only 1.7G of memory and 103Mb is the app size... What takes up supposedly 6G of my memory is what i can see in my config. As 'User data'... I'm assuming it's my account, password and preferences... But why does it take up 6G?? Can i just delete it and log in again or will it delete everething (playlists, liked songs, etc)?

I have the sd card as my memory fo the cache and downloads btw..

2 Replies

That does sound strange, could you try attaching a screenshot? Otherwise, if you decide to delete the app and redownload you should be completely fine, your playlists are saved to your account so there would be no losses there. You may have to redownload your music but I assume it would be worth it if the app is taking up that much storage. Let me know how it goes 🙂

So these are my c9nfig and spotify's. Hope it helps... Still, i will nost probably do as you sayd but i still wanna figute this out bc it's just too much space...

IMG_20200114_074143_704.jpg
IMG_20200114_072756_786.jpg

Suggested posts