Premium

Country

New Zeland

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8+

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Playlist videos work fine when I have my headphones plugged into my device or I'm listening via the devices inbuilt speaker. However when I am connected to my car stereo via Bluetooth the videos do not display. Sound works fine but no video just a progress bar right at bottom of screen. Rest of screen is blank. If I disconnect from Bluetooth the video will play fine. 

Top Answer
Jockofthebushveld
Casual Listener

Workaround: I found that, on my phone, switching off the connection options for the Bluetooth device and then switching them on again solved this. It seems permanent after phone restart. 

45 Replies

I found a solution to this finally. Go into spotify app setting and disallow it to control nearby devices

The solution has always been to rename the automobile infotainment system
hostname. Full stop.

They aren't cause they suck im going to apple music 

Yep - bizarre. Any updates from Spotify on this issue?

It has been 3 **bleep**ing years, fix this you **bleep**ing **bleep**, cant even watch JRE in peace while paying for this. How hard can it be to allow the video to be played while connected to bluetooth.

I am fully prepared to drop my subscription if this isn't fixed. I watch JRE on lunch break at work, but CANNOT listen with my bluetooth headphones, not even in my car. This is ridiculous, especially when they are charging us money each month for a half-working app.

Suggested posts