Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Want to save my music NOT on my SD card

Solved!

Want to save my music NOT on my SD card

After i had to install Spotify again i wanted to download my playlist again, but i noticed that Spotify said, there isnt enough space to download the playlist, so i checked where it is saving the playlist: it saves it on my SD card (there is only 1,24gb free space) but i want it to save the playlist on my internal memory (over 8gb free space). I read that Spotify uses the memory with the most space on it... but my SD card do not have more free space as my internal memory.....  If i take the SD card out of my phone spotify says that i have to insert a SD card because there isnt enough space on my internal memory but... yeah you know there are 8gb o.o

I need help, i'm using Spotify to hear music while i travel and i dont have internet everywhere so i need to download my playlist for the offline mode

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

If you want DL music to go to your phone your best bet is to uninstall the Spotify app. Next; remove the SD Card from your phone, then install Spotify and login. This will create the cache on your phones memory.

Now you can install your SD Card back and you should find DL playlists save to the phone memory

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi,

If you want DL music to go to your phone your best bet is to uninstall the Spotify app. Next; remove the SD Card from your phone, then install Spotify and login. This will create the cache on your phones memory.

Now you can install your SD Card back and you should find DL playlists save to the phone memory

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts