Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't login to spotify on HTC One

Hello all, I recently upgraded from my HTC One S (where my premium spotify account worked perfectly) to the new HTC One. I downloaded the app. Hit login- login with Facebook- It then asks permission to access my account, I hit ok- a circular load sym...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all,        I recently upgraded from my HTC One S (where my premium spotify account worked perfectly) to the new HTC One. I downloaded the app. Hit login- login with F...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Some artists default to profile, some to discography...

Spotify app 0.7.6.357 | KitKat 4.4.2 Sometimes I don't like to have to search the artist name in, but choose an artist from my 'Following' list in my profile. I click Menu - > Profile (My profile) -> Following This shows me a list of the artists that...

• Spotify app 0.7.6.357 | KitKat 4.4.2   Sometimes I don't like to have to search the artist name in, but choose an artist from my 'Following' list in my profile.    I click Menu...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify in my car with Nexus 5 (Vw Rns315)

Hi all, First, sorry for my English... I have a little problem when i plug my phone (Nexus 5 - Android) in my usb cable car (Media-in / usb and RNS315 audio in VW)...In my setup, i choose media-in and i wait... but the phone is not recognized... And ...

• Hi all,   First, sorry for my English...   I have a little problem when i plug my phone (Nexus 5 - Android) in my usb cable car (Media-in / usb and RNS315 audio in VW)... In my set...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! placebo

Hi.There are only few songs from placebo in spotify. Do any one know if they're going to add more placebo songs or not?

• Regular
  • Hi. There are only few songs from placebo in spotify. Do any one know if they're going to add more placebo songs or not?
  • withinthefire
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • placebo
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! tune wiki doesn't work automatically

Hi.:) I used to use HTC desire x and while listening music on spotify, tune wiki was finding lyrics automatically and telling me with notification. Now on galaxy note 3, it doesn't find anything automatically. Can anyone help me about that?

• Regular
  • Hi.:) I used to use HTC desire x and while listening music on spotify, tune wiki was finding lyrics automatically and telling me with notification. Now on galaxy note 3, it doesn't find anything auto...
  • withinthefire
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • tune wiki
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone's playlist has more songs than computer.

Please Help! When I add songs to playlists on my smartphone, they do not automatically add to my computer. Is there a way to have the playlists update automatically?

• Regular
  • Please Help!   When I add songs to playlists on my smartphone, they do not automatically add to my computer. Is there a way to have the playlists update automatically? 
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Using Spotify Premium on 2 devices

Hi, I am not very technically literate and need some step by step assistance if possible. I have just started using spotify premium through my vodafone contract. I use it on my samsung galaxy s3. When I run I use my partners galaxy S2. For some reaso...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I am not very technically literate and need some step by step assistance if possible.   I have just started using spotify premium through my vodafone contract.  I use it ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

kindle fire hdx only plays one track

On the new kindle fire hdx when I try to play a playlist it will only play one song then stops. I have to manually skip to the next track every time. I've tried clearing the data and the cache and reinstalling. I've changed every setting I can find. ...

• Casual Listener
  • On the new kindle fire hdx when I try to play a playlist it will only play one song then stops. I have to manually skip to the next track every time. I've tried clearing the data and the cache and re...
  • jwdavisjr
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes

Managing Library

How on earth do I manage my library with Spotify? I just want to see my library sorted by artist, album, and song. I see all these features in the Android app but the one thing I can't find is access to my library. All I see are my playlists. SURELY ...

• Visitor
  • How on earth do I manage my library with Spotify?   I just want to see my library sorted by artist, album, and song. I see all these features in the Android app but the one thing I can't fin...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Constant App Crash

I have a Note 3 on Jellybean that won't open the Spotify app. I have 12Gb storage, I tried to reinstall the app multiple times, and reported the problem.At first it would crash randomly while making a playlist or other things and now it just won't op...

• I have a Note 3 on Jellybean that won't open the Spotify app. I have 12Gb storage, I tried to reinstall the app multiple times, and reported the problem. At first it would crash randomly while mak...
  • TheJ0rma
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

cant find explicit version

I went to listen to Eminem and found most of his albums are explicit the rest were "edited" ie..MMLP, relapse, recovery were all clean I went to "view all albums" not to sure where else to look. Android phone and tablet.

• Regular
  • I went to listen to Eminem and found most of his albums are explicit the rest were "edited" ie..MMLP, relapse, recovery were all clean I went to "view all albums" not to sure where else to look. Andr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists not downloading

Hello I am a premium user and my playlists won't download for offline listening. Thanks Pete

• Casual Listener
  • Hello I am a premium user and my playlists won't download for offline listening. Thanks Pete
  • Peterwareham
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I listen to someone else's playlists?

I know the username of the person who made the playlists, but I can't find that person on Spotify, and they can't find me. How can I have their playlists to listen to?

• I know the username of the person who made the playlists, but I can't find that person on Spotify, and they can't find me. How can I have their playlists to listen to?
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

My SD card is fried because of Spotify?!?!?!

Yeah, this is pretty bad, some help would be great... Heres what happened: Was casually blurting out spotify through my phone (Sony Xperia J) which was connected to a bluetooth speaker, and after about half an hour the music stopped and it had popped...

• Casual Listener
  • Yeah, this is pretty bad, some help would be great... Heres what happened:   Was casually blurting out spotify through my phone (Sony Xperia J) which was connected to a bluetooth s...
  • Zeenglishking
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app on Samsung galaxy s3

Hi Spotify, i pay for you'r service so i demand that you **bleep**ing take a look at your **bleep**ing app !!! i pay because i cant listen at music from spotify on my phone if i dont and what do i get as reward? the replay button dont work for **blee...

• Hi Spotify, i pay for you'r service so i demand that you **bleep**ing take a look at your **bleep**ing app !!! i pay because i cant listen at music from spotify on my phone if i dont and what do i ge...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

New playlists won't stay Downloaded

Playlists I have created the past month won't stay downloaded on my phone. They dissappear as soon as I am offline. When I go back online they start loading before they are available online also and I have to download again and again. If I download a...

• Music Fan
  • Playlists I have created the past month won't stay downloaded on my phone. They dissappear as soon as I am offline. When I go back online they start loading before they are available online also and ...
  • GavinHenderson5
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Has Spotify gotten better about normalizing volume between albums?

Has Spotify gotten better about normalizing volume levels between different albums, or is it just a coincidence that albums I've been listening to lately are at about the same volume? When I first started using Spotify months ago, I had a serious pro...

• Music Fan
  • Has Spotify gotten better about normalizing volume levels between different albums, or is it just a coincidence that albums I've been listening to lately are at about the same volume?  When I fi...
  • Deeb
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

censored albums only showing on my mobile app wtf

I look up an artist, look at there albums, spotify is only showing the edited versions. Usually I would off seen them next to each other. I'm a premium user and I believed there isn't a "age" button that I clicked. Please help.I loath edited versions...

• I look up an artist, look at there albums, spotify is only showing the edited versions. Usually I would off seen them next to each other. I'm a premium user and I believed there isn't a "age" button...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists don't sync between devices

I run Spotify on OS X 10.9 and Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android 4.3). One of the playlists updated on OS X is not syncing to Galaxy S4. The tracks are not even appearing on the playlist. I've tried clearing cache and restarting the device. This is very fru...

• Music Fan
  • I run Spotify on OS X 10.9 and Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android 4.3).   One of the playlists updated on OS X is not syncing to Galaxy S4. The tracks are not even appearing on the playlist. I've tr...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not loading Artist or Album or playlists on Samsung Tab 3

My rooted Samsung Galaxy. Tab 3 with Spotify V 0.7.6.357 won't load artist pages, album pages or playlists, really limiting the apps functionality. This issue has been going on for about 2 weeks. Tried reinstall and clearing cache, anything i could t...

• Casual Listener
  • My rooted Samsung Galaxy. Tab 3 with Spotify V 0.7.6.357 won't load artist pages, album pages or playlists, really limiting the apps functionality. This issue has been going on for about 2 weeks. Tri...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes