Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Random pausing both streaming and downloaded songs on Android (driving me CRAZY)

AAARRRRGGGHHH! For about two months now, I cannot go ONE SONG without Spotify pausing the song I am listening to - for no reason. I have used Spotify for years now on my EVO 4G and EVO 4G LTE. Back in late December, this has really become an issue. F...

• Casual Listener
  • AAARRRRGGGHHH!   For about two months now, I cannot go ONE SONG without Spotify pausing the song I am listening to - for no reason. I have used Spotify for years now on my EVO 4G and EVO 4...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

End last.fm scrobbling

This doesn't work and now with Last.fm's new YouTube only format (which is horrible), I don't want Spotify to keep trying and keep showing me error messages that it doesn't work. How can I unscrobble Last.fm?

• Casual Listener
  • This doesn't work and now with Last.fm's new YouTube only format (which is horrible), I don't want Spotify to keep trying and keep showing me error messages that it doesn't work.  How can I unsc...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

username or password incorrect

I have Spotify linked to my Sonos system , last night I was prompted to reauthenticate my spotify account, whilst doing this it asks for your spotify username and password but it keeps displaying wrong username or password entered so I can now no lon...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify linked to my Sonos system , last night I was prompted to reauthenticate my spotify account, whilst doing this it asks for your spotify username and password but it keeps displaying wro...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with installing Spotify on my Mobile Phone (android)

Description I downloaded spotyfi again, because It stoped verry often during playing the tracks. After redownloading it said that there is not enought space on my phone. What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? (We need to know what you...

Screenshots_2014-02-04-20-10-03.png
  • Description I downloaded spotyfi again, because It stoped verry often during playing the tracks. After redownloading it said that there is not enought space on my phone.   What are the...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio Effects do not work on the Sony Xperia Z1 compact

The audio effects option doesn't work with this device when playing both online and offline files. Its running Jellybean 4.3. I suspect there is a conflict going on somewhere. I've exhausted all suggestions from other forums. Any chance that Spotify ...

• The audio effects option doesn't work with this device when playing both online and offline files. Its running Jellybean 4.3.   I suspect there is a conflict going on somewhere. I've exhau...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Moving tracks from phone to PC

Hay all! I'm trying to move all my downloaded tracks from my SG s3 to my PC WITHOUT having to download all the playlists again. Is this possible, or can you only synch one way, i.e.. from Pc to Phone\Tablet? Any help is much appreciated!

• Casual Listener
  • Hay all!   I'm trying to move all my downloaded tracks from my SG s3 to my PC WITHOUT having to download all the playlists again. Is this possible, or can you only synch one way, i.e.. from ...
  • TathierJack
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Note 3 - Screen severely lags with Spotify data

I had this issue where my Note 3 screen was lagging severely - sometimes took 5 - 10 seconds for screen to show up, sometimes never shows up. I tried several things like disabling S Voice, brightness control etc but nothing worked. Clearing Spotify d...

• I had this issue where my Note 3 screen was lagging severely - sometimes took 5 - 10 seconds for screen to show up, sometimes never shows up. I tried several things like disabling S Voice, brightness...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Help connecting my Sony Xperia Z1 to my Pioneer XW-SMA1

I've done everything I could. But I still can't find a "select output speaker" button in Spotify. Both devises connected to the same network, offline modus is OFF, updated the firmware of the speaker, newest version of Spotify app. But stil nowhere a...

• Casual Listener
  • I've done everything I could. But I still can't find a "select output speaker" button in Spotify. Both devises connected to the same network, offline modus is OFF, updated the firmware of the spe...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify app stops playing sound after song change or other phone sounds pauses music

android app version 0.7.5.698 android version 4.0.4 samsung model sch-s738c after starting to play spotify if i skip to the next song my phone gives a little vibrate and stops the music but the app says it still playing then i cant get any music to p...

• android app version 0.7.5.698 android version 4.0.4 samsung model sch-s738c   after starting to play spotify if i skip to the next song my phone gives a little vibrate and stops the musi...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists 'Loading' - Nexus 4

I am having the playlist loading error where I am unable to access my music on my nexus 4. This occurred when I removed a song from my playlist that was still playing.

• Casual Listener
  • I am having the playlist loading error where I am unable to access my music on my nexus 4. This occurred when I removed a song from my playlist that was still playing.
  • Con_2400
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Data Overage Due to Spotify "Bug"

Thought I might give you guys some feedback on something that happened to me. Recently, my SD card filled up on my LG Lucid and I apparently had a playlist that was continuously trying to download offline and failing due to the full SD card. I kept g...

• Casual Listener
  • Thought I might give you guys some feedback on something that happened to me. Recently, my SD card filled up on my LG Lucid and I apparently had a playlist that was continuously trying to download of...
  • edro
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't start after reinstall; cannot access SD card to store data

Description After a reinstall following the troubleshooting guide, Spotify no longer starts properly, only giving a blank screen with the following error: No SD Card Found We found no place to store our data, pleace check that you have a working SD c...

• Casual Listener
  •   Description After a reinstall following the troubleshooting guide, Spotify no longer starts properly, only giving a blank screen with the following error:   No SD Card Found We ...
  • evanbeem
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

samsung s3/spotify connect madness

I can't explain how stumped I am. I have tried to connect my samsung s3 to my airport express so I can play music through my speakers, but to no avail. what is the secret password to this stupid puzzle? please help before I smash the crap out of some...

• I can't explain how stumped I am. I have tried to connect my samsung s3 to my airport express so I can play music through my speakers, but to no avail. what is the secret password to this stupid puzz...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium on nexus 7 takes an age to load then it plays back in stops and starts

I've never had a problem until now. I'm a nexus 7 user with android KitKat. Albums take ages to load then play in stops and starts. So frustrating. Seemed to develop this fault after the latest update.

• Gig Goer
  • I've never had a problem until now. I'm a nexus 7 user with android KitKat. Albums take ages to load then play in stops and starts. So frustrating. Seemed to develop this fault after the latest upda...
  • pablo77
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Toshiba At100 Tablet

I have a Pioneer SCLX 76 av amp, how do I play Spotify Premium from my Toshiba AT100 tablet through to my AV amp.My Toshiba tablet detects my AV amp when I play music from the device media player, but will not play Spotify.

• Visitor
  • I have a Pioneer SCLX 76 av amp, how do I play Spotify Premium from my Toshiba AT100 tablet through to my AV amp.My Toshiba tablet detects my AV amp when I play music from the device media playe...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.5)

What's new in version 0.7.5 New: Never miss a gig! Artist views now feature touring details. Improved: Spotify Connect will be on its best behaviour when you play radio. Fixed: We've tickled some pixels and dealt with some crashes. Fictitious: This a...

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in version 0.7.5 New: Never miss a gig! Artist views now feature touring details. Improved: Spotify Connect will be on its best behaviour when you play radio. Fixed: We've tickl...
  • rotgrub
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
    Android
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

No Spotify premium.

Since an update in the past week, I have not been Allowed my premium service and am extremely saddened. Please help me turn my frown upside down. HTC one (in stereo)

• Since an update in the past week, I have not been Allowed my premium service and am extremely saddened. Please help me turn my frown upside down. HTC one (in stereo)
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Searching for music on spotify app.

Why doe sit not include playlists in the search results on the app? I see this feature appears on the desktop only.

• Music Fan
  • Why doe sit not include playlists in the search results on the app? I see this feature appears  on the desktop only.
  • MissOwl
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium WILL NOT activate on Android LG G2 (Verizon)

Spotify Premium WILL NOT activate. I signed out /back in multiple times after starting my free 30 day trial and when I sign in it continues to only offer shuffle play and option to upgrade.

• Visitor
  • Spotify Premium WILL NOT activate. I signed out /back in multiple times after starting my free 30 day trial and when I sign in it continues to only offer shuffle play and option to upgrade.
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No SD Card Found error

HI Anyone have a solution for no SD card found on android phone??? I tried clear caches and installed and installed but still have the same error and spotify just won't work. It always show mea blank screen. Send email to spotify no reply so pissed o...

• Casual Listener
  • HI Anyone have a solution for no SD card found on android phone??? I tried clear caches and installed and installed but still have the same error and spotify just won't work. It always show mea blank...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes