Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When my Spotify alarm goes off on my phone it will not let me turn it off!

When my Spotify alarm goes off on my phone it will not let me turn it off!

I have a few alarms a day that play my Spotify list of songs on my Samsung device, and a week or so ago it started not letting me cut off the alarm by dismissing it, opening up my clock app and trying to cut it off, from my quick menu pulled down from the top of my phone, or even when I go to Spotify itself it will not cut off. It's getting worse as the days go on. I've used this for years with no problems until now. It just does not want to cut off. I have to restart my phone when it gets stuck like that.
9 Replies

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out.

As a first step, can you please try clean reinstalling your Spotify app and your Google Clock app? if that doesn't help, please let us know your exact device model, OS version and Spotify version.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have Spotify selected as my alarm, and recently it will continue to play a song after the alarm has been snoozed or dismissed. The recent apps icon does not show Spotify as even running, so I have to go into the app, pause the music, then exit and close it. I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra running Android 13.

I had the same problem. I just went back into my alarms and made sure Spotify was unchecked and hopefully that fixes it. Even tho I thought I turned it off and a regular alarm tone was playing, it was still set as the Alarm sound and automatically started a playlist after I snoozed or turned off the alarm. F

I have the same problem but I would still like my songs to play as the alarm sound, so I don't want to disable Spotify completely. I just don't want them to continue playing when I've hit snooze or stop the alarm.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Would you mind letting us know what troubleshooting you've tried so far to fix this? This'll help us avoid repeating steps.

In the meantime, we'd suggest that you head to this page here , where you can see all third party apps that are connected to your Spotify account and we'd recommend that you "Remove Access" for Google Clock and then adding it back (if you haven't tried yet). Screenshot below for visibility. 

Lyubka_0-1676455427051.png

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your replies. 

LyubkaModerator

I use Spotify songs as an alarm. The song often continues to play although I have turned off the alarm. Why does this happen and how can I fix it?

How do I fix this?

Hey @Kageblink,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, if you haven't yet, we'd suggest to perform a clean reinstall of both the apps in the affected device to check if you notice any difference. You can perform a clean reinstall of Spotify by following the steps in this article. Let us know how it goes.

If the above doesn't so the trick, would you mind letting us know the make/model and OS of the affected device along with the Spotify version you're running there?

Lastly, do you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

I'm running Samsung S22 plus and had the same problem. Reinstalled Spotify and it is now solved.

Thank you all

Suggested posts