Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Whenever I'm in offline mode and close the app. It shows a different song

Whenever I'm in offline mode and close the app. It shows a different song

When I pause and close the app in offline mode it and reopen it. It shows a different song that the last song I was playing in the album or playlist. I only started having this problem with the new update.
4 Replies

It shows a different song than the one I last played. This happens with albums and playlist. I only had this problem since January so it might be a bug with the new update. I'm currently on version 8.8.12.545 on an Android device. I've tried uninstalling, clearing data, and cache. 

Hey @Daniel099,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community. 

Great troubleshooting so far! Have you tried reproducing this on another device with your account? If a friend or a family member has the Spotify app installed on their device, could you please log in to test this? This will help us understand if this is a device related.

If the issue persists, would you mind sending us a quick video where we can take a better look at this behavior? It'd also be great if you share with us the make and model of the device(s) on which you've tested this.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

It normally plays a random song from the album or playlist next instead of just not showing a song to play after open the app. I also tried on my brothers Samsung A10e and was having the same problem. The screen recorder wasn't able to record the audio. When I went out of offline mode a song from the playlist would be ready for me to play. This is the video you were asking for. https://youtu.be/18BcUz2wI50 

Hey @Daniel099 ,

Thanks for the replies and the screen recording.

As much as we want to change this experience right away, we won't be able to as not many other users have reported it. Rest assured we hope to see it changed some day, but currently it doesn't rank high on the priority list.

We hope you understand and can't thank you enough for the engagement and sharing what you've found.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts