Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

While listening to playlist at work it changes to the last playlist I listened to at home.

Solved!

While listening to playlist at work it changes to the last playlist I listened to at home.

Let me start by saying that this is NOT an issue related to the play queue. 

I listen to music either on my big stereo at home though my Roku or on a Bluetooth speaker at home through my android tablet or on a Bluetooth speaker through my android phone at work.

I listen to albums, not songs and Spotify’s radio stations are terrible so I mainly use Spotify to listen to albums.  Since Spotify won’t update their Roku App to support My Music and album collections, the only way for me to wring a unified experience out of your service is to create a playlist out of every album I want to listen to.  I have a ton of playlists organized alphabetically and sorted into artists folders that I had to do MANUALLY because you offer no way to sort playlists.

So, what happens is when I’m listening to an album playlist on my phone at work, it might play one song, it might play five songs but eventually it will randomly switch to another album playlist that I was listening to at home on my tablet.  This is not related to the queue.  When I start a playlist on my phone I check the queue and the only thing in it is the selected playlist.  When it switches to another playlist (and it’s always the same one, the last one I was listening to on my tablet) the queue has been replaced with that playlist.

I’m freaking sick of this.  I’m pretty sure it has to with Spotify Connect or whatever you call it that I never use, don’t want and can’t turn off.  If you want to be a service for true music lovers you aren’t doing a very good job.  I’m using another service WAY more that actually works without headaches and will be changing subscriptions soon if you guys don’t stop ignoring customer feedback and marking every idea and complaint with “Not right now.”

So to recap, I need you to fix this issue so that my playlists play without changing to the last playlist I played on another android device because it’s extremely frustrating.  That’s my main complaint at the moment but you should also seriously be looking at some of the other things I’ve mentioned here if you want your service to stay on top.

I need this resolved quick because there is no point in paying for a service that has this kind of distain for its customers.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So I uninstalled Spotify on my tablet at home. I did not reinstall it.  And today Spotify has been running fine on my phone at work all afternoon.  I'll do a clean install on the tablet and do some tests over the weekend but I am now convinced that Spotify Connect is pure garbage and should be remvoed from the program or at the very least give us the option to turn it off.  I don't need it, don't want it, don't use it and it's causing me problems.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey!

Spotify shouldn't just jump around in playlists. Is this a recurring event, or is it just now happening? Are you sure you are hitting the right playlist? If it continually goes back to that playlist, try force closing both apps, and restarting both of your devices. 

That being said,  does it ever happen the other way around -- that is does your home device play what your work device was just playing?Also, are you leaving your app on your home device open while you go to work?

Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

Also, did the post here solve your problem previously?

Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

I had this issue a few months ago for several weeks until I had a system update that bricked my phone and required a fresh operating system to be flashed to the phone. After that the app worked fine again for a few weeks but now it's doing it again. Yes repeatable, yes every time I play a play list on the phone. Never the other way around.

I just checked and my tablet has been powered down (or frozen) all day. I'll try force closing the app on the tablet and leaving it shut down while I'm at work tomorrow.

I already tired a clean Spotify install today and it still did it although it made it through four or five songs instead of the usual one or two.

Ok. did you try a fresh reinstall on both devices, or just the phone?

Also, does it have anything to do with leaving the spotify open on the home computer?

Home PC is off all day till I get home.

I'll do a new install on the tablet now and see how I fare tomorrow.

Marked as solution

So I uninstalled Spotify on my tablet at home. I did not reinstall it.  And today Spotify has been running fine on my phone at work all afternoon.  I'll do a clean install on the tablet and do some tests over the weekend but I am now convinced that Spotify Connect is pure garbage and should be remvoed from the program or at the very least give us the option to turn it off.  I don't need it, don't want it, don't use it and it's causing me problems.

Suggested posts