Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can my friend stream from his Android to my PS4

Why can my friend stream from his Android to my PS4

I was playing a game on my PS4, when all of a sudden, my friend started streaming from his Android phone to my PS4 Spotify account. We both have premium.

My question is, how is this possible that he can stream onto my PS4 Spotify account from his Spotify account on his phone?

This doesn't seem right. He could technically override any queue that I have set up, by simply playing his music on my device...
5 Replies

It's based on being on the same wifi network. Spotify is assuming, like many other companies out there, that when you give someone access to your wifi network, then they are an authorized user. Make sense?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

If it's based on being on the same network, shouldn't I then be able to stream from my phone to any other phone that is connected on the network? Which isn't the case, because I have already tested that!

That's different than what you originally posted. Are you saying that he is streaming to your phone and not your PS4?

No, I'm just pointing out the flaw in your answer. He played from his phone to my PS4.

With your answer, you stated that this is possible because the devices are all connected on the same local network.

I am pointing out that that cannot be the answer, as this would mean that all devices should be able to stream to any other device on the same network. Which is incorrect...

Not all devices work the same, but if you really need "official" help, then I recommend reaching out to Spotify Support directly. From my understanding of Spotify programs, there is no flaw.

Suggested posts