Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why does Spotify do this? 1. Not recognise my phone over wifi? 2. Get borked by calls on bluetooth?

Why does Spotify do this? 1. Not recognise my phone over wifi? 2. Get borked by calls on bluetooth?

I'm using a HTC Senstion with Ice Cream Sandwich (official update) v4.0.3 and Sense 3.6. On Spotify Premium, have been for ages.

I have the candidate release: https://www.spotify.com/se/blog/archives/2012/04/19/new-android-preview/

Its much, much nicer than the old version but the problems I'm having are as follows.

1. My phone is not recognised as being on the same wifi network as the Windos app (I'm running Windows 7) and it used to work fine. There doesn't seem to be a way to search for the phone. What am I doing wrong?

2. I use Spotify to play music over some bluetooth devices. I have a bluetooth headset and a bluetooth FM transmitter in the car. Spotify plays fine over them both until I get a phone call. After the call ends Spofity appears to play (looks fine on screen) but the sound is no longer transmitted over bluetooth. What's going on?

Anyone any ideas?

5 Replies

Think I could try this out myself. I have the same phone and bluetooth headset and running the 4.0.3 etc...

So if your listening to some tunes, and then you get a call -> music stops -> when your done with the call -> music doesn't start playing again (time stops and no sound?)

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Almost.

Time doesn't stop. The track looks like its running.

Come to think of it, I get the same issue if I plug headphones on whilst bluetooth is on. Sound stops.

Odd. I'll have a go when I get home with my BT headset and stuff. I'll post back the results.

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

I tried this out myself on my Avalon BT headset. I'm using the:

- HTC Sensation (non 4G and non XL model)
- Android 4.03
- Sense 3.6

- Spotify 0.5.0.972.g8fe0a0d2

I connected my BT Headset to the phone -> put the music playing -> Called the Sensation from another phone -> Answered the call -> Disconnected -> as soon as the call was disconnected -> spotify started playing again without a problem, altho I had problems answering the phone. Music was playing from Spotify and no ringtone was played.
After trying to answer the call it took few tries before it actually stopped spotfy and answered the call.

I'm having the same issue as problem #2... this is when I have my Bluetooth connected thru my car stereo.... sometimes when I get a phone call and then disconnect the music DOES start back up. But most of the time when this occurs it stop projecting audio just as you described. It seems to do this usually with phone calls that last for a longer duration....
I've tried to restart my bluetooth connection on my phone, then on my car.... I've tried restarting my phone, I've tried restarting my car! lol nothing works except time it seems.... any

Suggested posts