Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why does my Spotify stop playing after a while when I close the app

Why does my Spotify stop playing after a while when I close the app

So i recently got a new phone and my Spotify has been acting weird since.
-The play bar looks different when my phone is off, it's white and only has the song name and the controls
-whever I close my phone or leave the app the music stops playing after a while. Sometimes after a few minutes, other times after a few seconds, depends on the mood of the app ig lol. Sometimes it resumes playing when i unlock my phone, other times when i pause and re play, other times i have to force stop the app to make it work.
I have the latest version and i have checked all my settings and nothing seems off.
Pls help me as soon as possible I'm literally having a crisis
4 Replies

Hey there, 

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of how the play bar looks like on your end? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. We'll take a closer look.

On another note and just to confirm, have you already granted all the permissions for the app to allow the playback in the background in your phone settings?

Lastly, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thank you for your answer.

A few days after I posted my Spotify started working normally again, except for the play bar, but now it's acting up again. I have granted all permissions needed, restarted my phone and all that stuff. My phone is a TCL, android and I have the 8.7.42.943 Spotify ver.

Also this is what the play bar looks like:

IMG_20220705_181138.jpg

 and this is what it looks like when my phone is open:

Screenshot_2022-07-05-17-51-25-837.jpg

Thank you for your time

Kay so the "bug" goes away like temporarily for like a few months and then it comes back. Right now it's so bad that it can only go like a minute without stopping. 

The play bar thing is probably bc of the device so no worries ab that. 

I have granted all permissions, re installed and force stopped. 

My phone model (I assume that's what you're asking for) is a pretty new TCL and my Spotify ver is 8.7.64.478

Thank you so much for your reply!

Hey @Lluviaaa,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

In this case, we'd like to confirm, did you notice if this is happening when you lock the phone or does it also happen when having the app open?

On another note, did you notice if the playback stops in the middle of a song or does it happen when songs end? It'd be awesome if you could check these details.

Lastly, can you send us the exact make/model of your mobile device along with the exact Android OS version?

We'll be on the lookout.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts