Announcements

Why does my Spotify stop playing after a while when I close the app

Why does my Spotify stop playing after a while when I close the app

Lluviaaa
So i recently got a new phone and my Spotify has been acting weird since.
-The play bar looks different when my phone is off, it's white and only has the song name and the controls
-whever I close my phone or leave the app the music stops playing after a while. Sometimes after a few minutes, other times after a few seconds, depends on the mood of the app ig lol. Sometimes it resumes playing when i unlock my phone, other times when i pause and re play, other times i have to force stop the app to make it work.
I have the latest version and i have checked all my settings and nothing seems off.
Pls help me as soon as possible I'm literally having a crisis
1 Reply

Eni

Hey there, 

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of how the play bar looks like on your end? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. We'll take a closer look.

On another note and just to confirm, have you already granted all the permissions for the app to allow the playback in the background in your phone settings?

Lastly, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts

Env: prod