Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics no longer showed up in song radio

Why lyrics no longer showed up when I play song radio?? It only shows the few upcoming songs in the bottom. I would like to lyrics function back!

• Casual Listener
  •  Why lyrics no longer showed up when I play song radio?? It only shows the few upcoming songs in the bottom. I would like to lyrics function back! 
  • långtnamn
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • lyrics
    song radio
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Go to song radio leads to nothing

Hi everyoneI've been searching about it but couldn't find anything that answers my question or help solve it. Why when I click "go to song radio" of a specific artist it seems nothing is there.Wanted to know if there's something that's needed to be d...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone I've been searching about it but couldn't find anything that answers my question or help solve it.   Why when I click "go to song radio" of a specific artist  it seems nothin...
  • Kiril
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Old mini-player UI & missing setting

PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerland DeviceSamsung Galaxy A52Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or Issue Hi. I have two problems. I created a second account and compared it to my old one.1. My mini-player still has the old interface. My second account d...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Switzerland   Device Samsung Galaxy A52 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue   Hi. I have two problems. I created a second account and co...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify switching devices to phone over BT when I use the microphone on phone (Android 12)

In the morning: in Room A start playing Spotify on web browser over a BT speaker connected to the computer (the company doesn't allow Spotify desktop) Later: in Room B connect a BT speaker to my Android 12 phone. Start playing music over Spotify. Lat...

• Gig Goer
  • In the morning: in Room A start playing Spotify on web browser over a BT speaker connected to the computer (the company doesn't allow Spotify desktop)   Later: in Room B connect a BT speaker t...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android12
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Multiple issues with Android App

Plan: Free Country: US Device: Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System: Android 10 My Question or Issue Since last Tuesday, Dec 7th, the app stops playing randomly. This happens frequently during any 10 minute period and I need to open the app and press '...

• Regular
  •   Plan: Free   Country: US   Device: Samsung Galaxy S9   Operating System: Android 10     My Question or Issue Since last Tuesday, Dec 7th, the app sto...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution I cannot add my playlist to my home screen

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceXiaomi Mi Note 8 ProOperating SystemAndroid 11My Question or IssueI cannot add my new playlists to my home screen. I was able to do this but now I cant. When I click the add to my home screen button nothing happens. I tr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Xiaomi Mi Note 8 Pro Operating System Android 11 My Question or Issue I cannot add my new playlists to my home screen. I was able to do this but now I cant...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

i cant download song

im on online mode.i have turned on the cellular setting on.but when i want to download songs it tells me to go to setting to use cellular data to download songs

• Casual Listener
  • im on online mode.i have turned on the cellular setting on.but when i want to download songs it tells me to go to setting to use cellular data to download songs
  • Flxw808
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Samsung Watch 4 Classic Playback

PlanSpotify Premium DuoCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S21 Paired with Samsung Watch 4Operating SystemPhone: Android 12 / Watch: One UI 3.0/ System Version 11My Question or IssueI downloaded music to my Samsung Watch 4 Classic. When I try to...

IMG_0324.jpg IMG_0325.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Spotify Premium Duo Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy S21 Paired with Samsung Watch 4 Operating System Phone: Android 12 / Watch: One UI 3.0/ System Version 11 My Question or I...
  • astrobird
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • downloaded music
    Samsung
    watch 4
    Watch 4 Classic
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [android] play local files on SD card

I know you can sink local files from your PC onto your phone with premium, but is there anyway I can listen to the music I have downloaded onto my SD card? I want to be able to access that through Spotify .

• I know you can sink local files from your PC onto your phone with premium, but is there anyway I can listen to the music I have downloaded onto my SD card? I want to be able to access that through Sp...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Old mini-player UI & missing setting

Hi. I have two problems. I created a second account and compared it to my old one.1. My mini-player still has the old interface. My second account doesn't have it.2. in the settings of my "normal" account the setting "canvas" is missing, which is not...

• Visitor
  • Hi. I have two problems. I created a second account and compared it to my old one. 1. My mini-player still has the old interface. My second account doesn't have it. 2. in the settings of my "normal...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android Automotive] Search view needs refinement

PlanPremiumCountryNorway DevicePolestar 2Operating SystemAAOS 10 My Question or IssueWhen using the search function, there's at least two issues that makes it less user-friendly and more scary to use as you're driving.- It does not show a list of the...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Norway   Device Polestar 2 Operating System AAOS 10   My Question or Issue When using the search function, there's at least two issues that makes it less use...
  • Gwareth
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Petition Spotify to fix the SD card bug

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceSamsung S20 FEOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueLike many users on this forum. I am unable to make downloaded songs remain on my SD card after a device reboot. Every time i reboot, Spotify forgets the SD car...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Samsung S20 FE Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Like many users on this forum. I am unable to make downloaded songs remain on my ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution is not operating correctly.

Plan: PremiumCountry: ENGDevice: Fairphone FP4 5GOperating System: Android 11 My Question or IssueI am not able to utilise the Google Play Store, so I have installed Spotify from . The files that have been “attached” are proof that the result is obvi...

• Music Fan
  • Plan: Premium Country: ENG Device: Fairphone FP4 5G Operating System: Android 11   My Question or Issue I am not able to utilise the Google Play Store, so I have installed Spotify from &l...
  • Elena
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Feature Request] Make skipping to previous track more accessible

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceXiaomi Poco X3 NFCOperating SystemMIUI 12My Question or Issue Hello everyone, would it be possible to add an accessibility setting that allows to change the apps behavior in terms of skipping to the previous track more ...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC Operating System MIUI 12 My Question or Issue   Hello everyone,   would it be possible to add an accessibility setting...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle all songs of all albums and followed artists

Hi, it would be a great feature to be able to shuffle all songs of all the albums and followed artists, without using the playlists : So a Shuffle button on the top of those two sections of My music : - Albums : button "Shuffle all Albums" - Artists ...

• Regular
  • Hi, it would be a great feature to be able to shuffle all songs of all the albums and followed artists, without using the playlists :   So a Shuffle button on the top of those...
  • Yordan
  • 8 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 41 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Song progress Bar broken again on Android

Plan: PremiumCountry: IrelandDevice: Hawei P30 proOperating System: Android 10 The issue that was recently 'fixed' with the song progress bar not displaying correctly when using Spotify Connect is happening again on my P30 Pro. The update seemed to f...

• Roadie
  •   Plan: Premium Country: Ireland Device: Hawei P30 pro Operating System: Android 10   The issue that was recently 'fixed' with the song progress bar not displaying...
  • Elena
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    progress bar
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Muting Voice Navigation Over Bluetooth

I noticed this issue this morning when my Google Maps navigation was silent, and so I missed a turning, and I proceeded to diagnose the root cause when I got home, and I end up associating it to Spotify. I use Spotify and Google maps almost every day...

• Visitor
  • I noticed this issue this morning when my Google Maps navigation was silent, and so I missed a turning, and I proceeded to diagnose the root cause when I got home, and I end up associating it to Spot...
  • dylanthomasuk
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily Mix 5 deleted

Happened a few days ago randomly when I clicked to open Daily Mix 5. Missing on BOTH Android app and Samsung TV app. PlanPrrmiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy S10+App version:8.6.88.1104

• Regular
  • Happened a few days ago randomly when I clicked to open Daily Mix 5.  Missing on BOTH Android app and Samsung TV app.  Plan Prrmium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy S10+ App version...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify tries to play on my other device!?

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceTablet and phone, both with Android 11.Operating SystemAndroid 11My Question or Issue When I use Spotify on my tablet, Spotify tries to start playing on my phone via a notification. The notification can't be deleted. I f...

• Plan Premium Country Norway Device Tablet and phone, both with Android 11. Operating System Android 11 My Question or Issue   When I use Spotify on my tablet, Spotify tries to sta...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    playing
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes