Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will Androids be getting Extreme Quality too?

Solved!

Will Androids be getting Extreme Quality too?

Now that the iPhones/Ipads have gotten Extreme quality of 320kbs on their mobiles, is this something coming to the Android mobiles as well?

I have the 320 on my desktop, but having the increaseed bit rate on my phone would help me justify the 10 bux a month.

26 Replies

Well iPad just got another update, nice new interface.   Are the droids just dead in the water?  I'm still baffled that iPhone/iPad have Extreme Quality, but droids are still in the dark on this. 

Bah!

Marked as solution

@FubarFrenzy wrote:

Are the droids just dead in the water?  I'm still baffled that iPhone/iPad have Extreme Quality, but droids are still in the dark on this. 

There is light in the form of a beta release - this allows high quality streaming and downloads and fixes a lot of other issues too: https://www.spotify.com/se/download/previews/

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Well, this is a nice suprise.  Downloaded beta last night, and so far so good.

Thanks for the reply!

Do you know why I only can choose between normal and high quality on my Mac and Android. It used to be an Extreme Quality and Sound Effect option that I cannot find...where is it gone? I'm a premium member

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking but for premium subscribers, there are only two quality settings in the desktop client. High quality = 320 kb/s. I still have extreme quality available on my android - both under sreaming and download. Could you explain a bit more about the "Sound Effect option"?

If you are sure your android is logged into your premium account (quickest way to check is to see if it will play a track by touching it) then it is worth trying to reinstall the app, following all the steps here.

Thank you. I contacted Spotify Care via Twitter and after unstalling and reinstalling I have Extreme Quality and Equializer Panel available again. The only thing I'm missing is the Equalizer Panel on my desktop version. I'll try unstalling and re-installing again next time and see what happens.

There is no equalizer option on the desktop client and never has been I'm afraid. Check out this idea.

Suggested posts