Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will only play a small portion of larger library

Will only play a small portion of larger library

•  

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, Samsung Galaxy S8, google home mini

Operating System

iOS 12, Android Pie, Windows 10

Question or Issiue 

I have over 300 songs saved on spotify, I start at the top of my list of songs and about a third to half way down the list of songs it will skip back up 15-20 songs and then only play those songs until I physically open the app and then find a new song to play. The lower half of my library are songs in my library I have not heard in months. I do not have shuffle on (I hate shuffle) only repeat. This happens on all platforms I listen on, android, iOS, Google Home mini, and PC (though I rarely Listen on PC)

I am posting here since the S8 is my daily driver, though this happens across all of my platforms I listen to. 

1 Reply

Hey @radfordra.

Thanks for getting in touch!

It's possible that something is up with your account. Seeing that it happens across all your devices. Would you mind creating a new account to see if that solves the issue?

No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your old username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. You’ll also need to cancel your subscription on your old account, in case you have a Premium account.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts