Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will there be an option to disable Spotify Connect?

Will there be an option to disable Spotify Connect?

I can't stand Spotify connect, I'll be listening to my music, then it connects to my pc, then I have to switch back to my phone. Then randomly it'll do it again. Its an annoying feature that needs to be changed, I bought the service, I still pay for it and I don't have control over what I purchased. If spotify won't make connect optional, then they've lost yet another customer. I'm not about to root my phone either and void the warranty. I'm also not going to download all my playlists either and listen offline, space on my phone is short and it's half the reason I got spotify. I would just like to know if there's an option to disable connect in the future.
1 Reply

Hi. The switching from one device to another doesn't occur automatically. If a device becomes available, the app doesn't switch automatically to that device, the user is the one who decides manually if he wants to switch or stay (this is the official way the app works). Unfortunately, there is no option to turn off spotify connect.

Now, if you say it changes automatically maybe there is something wrong with the app installation so maybe a reinstalling should be attempted. 

Suggested posts