Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will updating app on android delete my offline cache?

Solved!

Will updating app on android delete my offline cache?

Sorry for the dumb question, but will my offline cache get deleted when I update on my android device? I have a premium account and updated the app a year or so ago and lost all of my offline cache. Very frustrating as I have limited access to high speed internet. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, welcome to the community, and thanks for your question! Updating the app shouldn't clear your cache, and I've actually never had that happen. I'm not sure why this would have happened to you during the prior update, but it should be fine.

EDIT: I forgot last year was when the Spotify app on Android was changed to "Spotify Music." That is the one time an update did require everyone to redownload their offline music. So, no, you shouldn't have any problems like that when you update now. Hope that helps!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, welcome to the community, and thanks for your question! Updating the app shouldn't clear your cache, and I've actually never had that happen. I'm not sure why this would have happened to you during the prior update, but it should be fine.

EDIT: I forgot last year was when the Spotify app on Android was changed to "Spotify Music." That is the one time an update did require everyone to redownload their offline music. So, no, you shouldn't have any problems like that when you update now. Hope that helps!

dinomightSpotify Star

Update went perfectly fine! All offline cache is still in order. Thanks for guidance!

Happy to help! Glad everything is in order.

dinomightSpotify Star

Suggested posts