Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wish I could replay the last few seconds when "unpausing" a podcast!

Wish I could replay the last few seconds when "unpausing" a podcast!

Hello!

When Iistening to podcasts, I frequently have to hit the PAUSE button on my earbuds.  And usually I can't get back to listening for a few minutes, but at that time I've lost the train of thought.

So, then I have to grab my phone out of my pocket, open up the app, and drag the playback slider back manually - all of which is annoying (especially with longer episodes).

Is there some way (Settings?) that I can have the app replay the last few seconds before a pause when I come back to resume listening again? Unless I am mistaken, I think other podcast apps have a setting for this.

It would be great if I didn't have to interact with my screen, but could instead just hit the "unpause" button on my earbuds and I would automatically hear those last few seconds again.

TIA  🙂

3 Replies

Hey @prb0123,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome 🙂

So, if you want to rewind a few seconds on a podcast, you can look for the Skip back 15 seconds in the Now playing view. Usually, it looks like this:

This comes in handy when listening to long podcast episodes, as you mentioned.

If you find any inconvenience trying to use this button, please let us know. You can send us the exact make/model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you have installed in your device.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

Take care!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

AlejaR, thank you for your reply.  Tapping the 15-second backwards/forwards thing requires you to interact with the app, whereas I was hoping there might be some kind of "setting" where one could just "set it and forget it".  Then, whenever I resume playing an interrupted podcast by pressing the button on my earbuds (in other words, I don't have to fish around for, and interact with, my phone) it the playback automatically replays the last 15 seconds (or 5, or 10, or whatever length of time I choose).

I get the sense that Spotify doesn't let you do this. For comparison purposes, the Podcast Republic app does allow you to do this, with their "smart rewind on resuming" setting. Please refer to the attached screenshot image.

Again, thank you for your response.

Screenshot_20221013-163731_Podcast Republic.jpg

Hey @prb0123,

Thanks for your reply and for the screenshot shared 🙂

We really appreciate the time you took to add more details to your inquiry. We think this is a great idea too! We can confirm this is not currently possible on the app. No worries! You can have a look in our Ideas board to see if someone else has a similar idea and vote for it. If perhaps you don't find any ideas on those lines, you can post your own idea, but keep in mind you have to follow our Ideas Exchange Guidelines. That way, your suggestion will be approved more quickly and smoothly.

Due to a high amount of new Idea Submissions to review, we are temporarily pausing new submissions. But no worries, once it's open again, you can submit your idea (if you don't find in the existing ones, an idea that fits yours).

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts