Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Yamaha RX-V500D don't show up as a device in spotify connect

Solved!

Yamaha RX-V500D don't show up as a device in spotify connect

Hi,

I use a spotify premium account and the spitify app on a Samsung S4.

My device Yamaha RX-V500D with the V1.05 firmware in the same WLAN-Network is not listet as a device to connect with.

The Yamaha RX-V500D works will with v-radio and DLNA.

I changed my smartphone. With the older htc one it works well. But with the S4 it never works. I took my old HTC One again but now it doesn't work any more.

I think it could have something to do with the limitiation of devices. After I changed to my S4 the HTC One was displayed as a device because I was also logged on there.

Now I have logged off and deinstalled spotify on my HTC One, but still the Yamaha receiver is not showed in spotify connect on the S4. No device is showed.

Anyone an idea???

Tx in advance

Hatschi

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had this a few days ago with my Samsung S4 and yamaha v475
I unplugged the yamaha for a minute and once  re plugged (to the mains) it started working again

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Can you see you mobile device under "Devices" in the Spotify desktop client on your network (with Spotify open on both devices)?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes. The mobile device is displayed under devices.

Marked as solution

I had this a few days ago with my Samsung S4 and yamaha v475
I unplugged the yamaha for a minute and once  re plugged (to the mains) it started working again

Okay. Thank you. I will try this evening.

Dear Rialas,

unplugging mains was the solution. So simple. Everything's working now. Thank you very much.

Hatschi

Suggested posts