Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Does the last version (with spotify free) work on old devices with gingerbread?

Hi, I have the chance to buy an old phone with 2.3.6 just to use with spotify, not to use my primary phone battery. The question is: does the latest version with spotify "shuffle" free work on older Android OS? Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have the chance to buy an old phone with 2.3.6 just to use with spotify, not to use my primary phone battery.   The question is: does the latest version with spotify "shuffle" free wor...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Does Spotify care that non-Facebook users can't share songs from android or iOS?

Empty friends list on iOS and Android apps. Have they even acknowledged this issue? Doesn't seem like it. It's like spotify can't decide if they want to be Twitter or Facebook and they are stuck inbetween with simple things like sharing not working. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Empty friends list on iOS and Android apps.     Have they even acknowledged this issue? Doesn't seem like it.       It's like spotify can't decide if they want to b...
  • brianSpotify
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound on streaming on Nexus 7 (2012)

Since a few days back, I cannot stream any music with the Android Spotify app over wi-fi with my Nexus 7 tablet. I can play downloaded songs (I have the premium service), but when I try to stream a song, there's no sound. Any idea what to do here?

• Casual Listener
  • Since a few days back, I cannot stream any music with the Android Spotify app over wi-fi with my Nexus 7 tablet. I can play downloaded songs (I have the premium service), but when I try to stream a s...
  • Joern
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Copying playlists from Android to Spotify. I’ve pulled out most of my hair….please help me to stop!

Yes, I’m going crazy trying to copy my Android playlists into Spotify. I’ve tried multiple “solutions”, and none of them worked so far. Pleeeeeease, can I get some solid advice? Here are the details. I have about 1,500 tracks/songs allocated to 14 pl...

• Yes, I’m going crazy trying to copy my Android playlists into Spotify. I’ve tried multiple “solutions”, and none of them worked so far. Pleeeeeease, can I get some solid advice?   Here are t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost starred songs

I recently reset and restored my iphone 5 to try to improve battery life, and after restoring, my spotify starred list was no longer available offline...how do I go about syncing these again?

• I recently reset and restored my iphone 5 to try to improve battery life, and after restoring, my spotify starred list was no longer available offline...how do I go about syncing these again?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound since Android (0.7.4)

I have a premium subscription, for about a year now, and as of the past few days I can't play any songs. The timing bar will move along as if the song is playing but there is no sound. I've deleted the cache, uninstalled/reinstalled the app and nothi...

• Regular
  • I have a premium subscription, for about a year now, and as of the past few days I can't play any songs. The timing bar will move along as if the song is playing but there is no sound. I've deleted t...
  • svlahakos
  • Regular
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing Output

Hi all, I have a Nexus 5 and am struggling to work out if you can select whether you want Spotify to play through Bluetooth or Aux. Is there an option to do this that I'm missing? Many thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, I have a Nexus 5 and am struggling to work out if you can select whether you want Spotify to play through Bluetooth or Aux.  Is there an option to do this that I'm missing?   ...
  • TheStageIsOver
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound Samsung Galaxy S4

I'm not getting any sound while streaming. I've even tried reinstalling to no avail. It's something with my account because when I tried on a different devicei got the same results. when I try to skip to a certain part of the track it just restarts s...

• I'm not getting any sound while streaming. I've even tried reinstalling to no avail. It's something with my account because when I tried on a different devicei got the same results. when I try to sk...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify pauses when I receive a message through hangouts

Spotify pauses for about 2 seconds whenever I receive a message from Google Hangouts. This all happens whenever I am actively using the app. What noticed is that when I turn off notification completely and I receive a message, the music continues to ...

• Spotify pauses for about 2 seconds whenever I receive a message from Google Hangouts. This all happens whenever I am actively using the app.  What noticed is that when I turn off notification co...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify and the Samsung GalaxyS S3 SIII

Hi,So I've had this problem for months now. I try to download offline playlists on my phone but all I ever see is "Download 0%". It's really annoying. I pay $10 a month to be able to listen to my music offline and I can't even do that on my phone. Ha...

• Hi, So I've had this problem for months now. I try to download offline playlists on my phone but all I ever see is "Download 0%". It's really annoying. I pay $10 a month to be able to listen to my...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to move tracks around playlist

I had an iPhone and when I was on the iPhone they updated the app to allow moving songs around in a playlist without having to go on your computer and do it. It was awesome! Now I have a Android and I am honestly thinking about going to Google Music ...

• Casual Listener
  • I had an iPhone and when I was on the iPhone they updated the app to allow moving songs around in a playlist without having to go on your computer and do it. It was awesome! Now I have a Android and ...
  • tstokes
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Partial name search - ex: "jason ald"

So I've been waiting 2 years now for the ability to type in a partial artists name and actually get results. I should be able to type "jason ald" and get "Jason Aldean" in the results instead of "no results". Maybe I'm doing something wrong here?? If...

• So I've been waiting 2 years now for the ability to type in a partial artists name and actually get results. I should be able to type "jason ald" and get "Jason Aldean" in the results instead of "no ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New Spotify tablet streaming does not work

Just saw the recent anouncement of streaming to tablets, this does not work for me. Get the message 'Spotify Premium is required for on demand streaming' same with Radio, Playlists, Discover, Browse. UK, Unlimited account, Nexus 7 Tablet.

• Casual Listener
  • Just saw the recent anouncement of streaming to tablets, this does not work for me. Get the message 'Spotify Premium is required for on demand streaming' same with Radio, Playlists, Discover, Browse....
  • ukmikep
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Android queue during radio playback

Open Spotify on Android Create radio station using playlist Open playlist and try to add a track to queue Queue option disappears during radio What I expected to happen It used to be available to queue during radio sometimes its there but most of the...

• Casual Listener
  • Open Spotify on Android Create radio station using playlist Open playlist and try to add a track to queue Queue option disappears during radio   What I expected to happen It used to...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android App
    queue
    Radio
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Can i download the previous verson?

Can I find the previous update to before when the search history disappeared. The app was perfect until that thing disappeared.

• Casual Listener
  • Can I find the previous update to before when the search history disappeared. The app was perfect until that thing disappeared.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Unable to Download Local Files

Hi all. I have a premium account and I used to be able to download songs I had locally on my PC as a playlist, but the playlist now gets stuck at 0% "Waiting to Download." The files are definitely there, the playlist is enabled as Available Offline, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all.  I have a premium account and I used to be able to download songs I had locally on my PC as a playlist, but the playlist now gets stuck at 0% "Waiting to Download."  The files are d...
  • Smaktat
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs appear as loading and don't sync

After trying to sync some new local files to my device that were added to my playlist yesterday all of the local files that I have added over the past 2 months only appear as loading on my mobile device and won't sync.

• Casual Listener
  • After trying to sync some new local files to my device that were added to my playlist yesterday all of the local files that I have added over the past 2 months only appear as loading on my mobile dev...
  • Norberces
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to listen to tracks unless downloaded

Hi, this is a very recent issue as it's only started in the last few days. I'm unable to listen to any tracks unless I download them into a playlist first, sometimes it will work but will stop after a couple of tracks yet if I download the track or t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, this is a very recent issue as it's only started in the last few days. I'm unable to listen to any tracks unless I download them into a playlist first, sometimes it will work but will stop af...
  • svlahakos
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

sound problem spotify for android htc beatsaudio

No sound is produced when trying to play songs, offline and online, local and not, in my android app. Tried to update and reinstall, still not working. Android music app works fine. What up?

• Casual Listener
  • No sound is produced when trying to play songs, offline and online, local and not, in my android app. Tried to update and reinstall, still not working. Android music app works fine. What up?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify makes volume buttons lag and Spotify does not react to volume changes

(I use Spotify app on Android with a Sony Xperia SP)The last few days I have experienced that when I listen to Spotify and adjust the sound, it comes to a point where Spotify stops responding to sound button and get all the audio feature to lag.I hav...

• Casual Listener
  • (I use Spotify app on Android with a Sony Xperia SP) The last few days I have experienced that when I listen to Spotify and adjust the sound, it comes to a point where Spotify stops responding to ...
  • Wimboo
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes