Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Low Quailty Album Art

Is it just me? Or is the album art stretched? Just looks plain ugly on my Nexus 5.

• Gig Goer
  • Is it just me? Or is the album art stretched?  Just looks plain ugly on my Nexus 5.
  • st3rv1s
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Mobile App needs some serious overhaul

Hi, I've been a Spotify User ever since it was made available in my country, but right now, I'm really tempted to switch to Google Play Music All Access. And the only reason for that is Spotifys Mobile app. Organizing everything through playlists jus...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've been a Spotify User ever since it was made available in my country, but right now, I'm really tempted to switch to Google Play Music All Access. And the only reason for that is Spotifys ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Equalizer sounds HORRIBLE after and update. What happened?

Hello guys, Has anyone noticed that after an update that the Spotify Equalizer sounds horrible. It sounds so bad now that I can't even use it. It really compresses the music a lot now. My god what happened? I loved using the EQ because I listen to sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello guys,   Has anyone noticed that after an update that the Spotify Equalizer sounds horrible. It sounds so bad now that I can't even use it. It really compresses the music a lot now. My ...
  • sbaker1992
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to stop 48 hour trial?

I have got a new smartphone and installed spotify and the 48 hr trial startet automatically. But i need to connect spotify with my mobile provider in order to get the regular spotify premium account provided by my mobile contract. The provider told m...

• Visitor
  • I have got a new smartphone and installed spotify and the 48 hr trial startet automatically. But i need to connect spotify with my mobile provider in order to get the regular spotify premium account ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify desyncs continuously

I have a premium account I use on 2 devices, my ASUS Fonepad phablet and my Windows 8 laptop. I have songs saved to both, but the Android app keeps desyncing my songs repeatedly saying i have synced with more than 3 devices, but i only have 2.whats u...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium account I use on 2 devices,  my ASUS Fonepad phablet and my Windows 8 laptop. I have songs saved to both, but the Android app keeps desyncing my songs repeatedly saying i have s...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Possible Bugs: Track Data not updating via AVRCP or Lockscreen (sometimes)

Spotify Version: 0.7.4.606.gd2ce8b10 Android Version: 4.4.1 Can someone else confirm if they've noticed this? On the lockscreen or on a bluetooth receiver using AVRCP the currently playing track data is displayed. Sometimes when the track changes thi...

• Community Legend
  • Spotify Version: 0.7.4.606.gd2ce8b10 Android Version: 4.4.1   Can someone else confirm if they've noticed this?   On the lockscreen or on a bluetooth receiver using AVRCP the curr...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Undownloaded playlist after update

Hi there, I am a premium user and I have been always very satisfied with everything spotify has to offer. Now, last night I had an update and after that all my downloaded playlists became undownloaded. I am a sailor and therefore do not have the oppo...

• Hi there,   I am a premium user and I have been always very satisfied with everything spotify has to offer. Now, last night I had an update and after that all my downloaded playlists becam...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile Spotify .apk is out of date

The up to date version on the Play Store is 0.7.4, but I can only get the mobile website version, which is still stuck on 0.7.2. Very frustrating

• Roadie
  • The up to date version on the Play Store is 0.7.4, but I can only get the mobile website version, which is still stuck on 0.7.2. Very frustrating 
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Option to sync playlists via USB for Android?!

This would be greatly appreciated. Why can only Apple users do this? It seems much easier, in my opinion. Sometimes my phone won't show up under Devices even if I've got the app open and my PC and phone both connected to the same network. So, I'd lov...

• Regular
  • This would be greatly appreciated. Why can only Apple users do this? It seems much easier, in my opinion. Sometimes my phone won't show up under Devices even if I've got the app open and my PC and ph...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Latest version white screen, no login, no playlists, no search, nothing

Every since the latest patch, I have been completely unable to use Spotify on my Galaxy S3. I open the ap, and get the black bar at the top with the menu option in the top left corner and Spotify next to it. No option to log in, nothing. When I selec...

• Gig Goer
  • Every since the latest patch, I have been completely unable to use Spotify on my Galaxy S3.  I open the ap, and get the black bar at the top with the menu option in the top left corner and Spoti...
  • msmsmak
  • Regular
  • 78 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 78 replies
  • 1 likes

Nothing but a white screen.

I just resubscribed to Spotify Premium to use it on my Galaxy S3 for traveling and working out. I have now restarted and reinstalled (including clean install) of the app several times. Everytime I try to open the app, there is a white screen with the...

• I just resubscribed to Spotify Premium to use it on my Galaxy S3 for traveling and working out.  I have now restarted and reinstalled (including clean install) of the app several times. Everytim...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No space left on this device error

I am recurringly getting this error. Spotify Premium MemberDevice: Motorola Droid 3Android Version: 2.3.4Carrier: Verizon WirelessPhone is connected to 3G and WiFi data.- Android Settings - > Storage settings reports: - 8.30GB of 11.35GB free space o...

• Casual Listener
  • I am recurringly getting this error.   Spotify Premium Member Device: Motorola Droid 3 Android Version: 2.3.4 Carrier: Verizon Wireless Phone is connected to 3G and WiFi data. - Android S...
  • Dave104
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

NO SD CARD FOUND...

So after I synchronized about 150 songs to my phone (S3 mini), I haven't been able to log in to Spotify. Every time I try to open the Spotfy app, there just pops up a window "NO SD CARD FOUND BLABLABLA"... And I have tried to uninstall and reinstall ...

• So after I synchronized about 150 songs to my phone (S3 mini), I haven't been able to log in to Spotify. Every time I try to open the Spotfy app, there just pops up a window "NO SD CARD FOUND BLABLAB...
  • Dave104
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

how can i find previous versions ?

My phone crashed when i installed the latest version and when i at last got it working again my spotify is totaly **bleep**ed up. Takes hour to connect all playlist, forever to play a song, forever to turn the song off, the whole device is slow (gala...

• Casual Listener
  • My phone crashed when i installed the latest version and when i at last got it working again my spotify is totaly **bleep**ed up. Takes hour to connect all playlist, forever to play a song, forever t...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android beta testers wanted

Hi everyone, we're looking for folks to try out new versions of Spotify for Android. Are you interesting in becoming a beta tester? Do you want to help improve the Spotify experience on Android? Join the Beta Band! Fill out this form now and apply to...

• Spotify Legend
  • Hi everyone,   we're looking for folks to try out new versions of Spotify for Android.   Are you interesting in becoming a beta tester? Do you want to help improve the Spotify exper...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 183 replies
  • 18 likes
  • Android
    Beta test
  • 183 replies
  • 18 likes

Android Connection Issue in Taiwan

Hi, I'm a premium user in Taiwan and is using the mobile version of the spotify on the road. Most of the time when I'm on the road, spotify tells me that I'm in offline mode. I checked my internet (3G) and is able to open website through chrome or ev...

• Hi, I'm a premium user in Taiwan and is using the mobile version of the spotify on the road. Most of the time when I'm on the road, spotify tells me that I'm in offline mode. I checked my interne...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android problems

What has happened to the Android app lately it use to run perfectly until a couple of months ago now it constantly crashes slows down my phone and freezes my entire system tried uninstalling deleting leftover files and even reseting my phone but noth...

• Casual Listener
  • What has happened to the Android app lately it use to run perfectly until a couple of months ago now it constantly crashes slows down my phone and freezes my entire system tried uninstalling deleting...
  • nebojsa
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

"Device is full" - 25+ gb free space, LG G2

When I'm trying to syncronize my offline lists the phone says that my device is full and cannot syncronize anymore. I've tried to find a way to chose which location to save offline lists, in case it was saving it all to an internal memory, without su...

• When I'm trying to syncronize my offline lists the phone says that my device is full and cannot syncronize anymore. I've tried to find a way to chose which location to save offline lists, in case i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

which mp3 player?? Help please!!

Can someone please tell me which mp3 player will work with spotify? Im wanting to buy a mp3 player for christmas but I'm not sure which one will work, it will be a present for someone, they're not bothered about a big named product they just want som...

• Casual Listener
  • Can someone please tell me which mp3 player will work with spotify? Im wanting to buy a mp3 player for christmas but I'm not sure which one will work, it will be a present for someone, they're not bo...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New phone and login error

Hello, I have a new android phone since today. I installed Spotify but I can't login. It says that I'm trying to connect myself in a other country than usual. I'm in the same country and I have a premium account so it should not matter... I also trie...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have a new android phone since today. I installed Spotify but I can't login. It says that I'm trying to connect myself in a other country than usual. I'm in the same country a...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes