Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify pauses when I receive a message through hangouts

Spotify pauses for about 2 seconds whenever I receive a message from Google Hangouts. This all happens whenever I am actively using the app. What noticed is that when I turn off notification completely and I receive a message, the music continues to ...

• Spotify pauses for about 2 seconds whenever I receive a message from Google Hangouts. This all happens whenever I am actively using the app.  What noticed is that when I turn off notification co...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify and the Samsung GalaxyS S3 SIII

Hi,So I've had this problem for months now. I try to download offline playlists on my phone but all I ever see is "Download 0%". It's really annoying. I pay $10 a month to be able to listen to my music offline and I can't even do that on my phone. Ha...

• Hi, So I've had this problem for months now. I try to download offline playlists on my phone but all I ever see is "Download 0%". It's really annoying. I pay $10 a month to be able to listen to my...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to move tracks around playlist

I had an iPhone and when I was on the iPhone they updated the app to allow moving songs around in a playlist without having to go on your computer and do it. It was awesome! Now I have a Android and I am honestly thinking about going to Google Music ...

• Casual Listener
  • I had an iPhone and when I was on the iPhone they updated the app to allow moving songs around in a playlist without having to go on your computer and do it. It was awesome! Now I have a Android and ...
  • tstokes
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Partial name search - ex: "jason ald"

So I've been waiting 2 years now for the ability to type in a partial artists name and actually get results. I should be able to type "jason ald" and get "Jason Aldean" in the results instead of "no results". Maybe I'm doing something wrong here?? If...

• So I've been waiting 2 years now for the ability to type in a partial artists name and actually get results. I should be able to type "jason ald" and get "Jason Aldean" in the results instead of "no ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New Spotify tablet streaming does not work

Just saw the recent anouncement of streaming to tablets, this does not work for me. Get the message 'Spotify Premium is required for on demand streaming' same with Radio, Playlists, Discover, Browse. UK, Unlimited account, Nexus 7 Tablet.

• Casual Listener
  • Just saw the recent anouncement of streaming to tablets, this does not work for me. Get the message 'Spotify Premium is required for on demand streaming' same with Radio, Playlists, Discover, Browse....
  • ukmikep
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Android queue during radio playback

Open Spotify on Android Create radio station using playlist Open playlist and try to add a track to queue Queue option disappears during radio What I expected to happen It used to be available to queue during radio sometimes its there but most of the...

• Casual Listener
  • Open Spotify on Android Create radio station using playlist Open playlist and try to add a track to queue Queue option disappears during radio   What I expected to happen It used to...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android App
    queue
    Radio
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Can i download the previous verson?

Can I find the previous update to before when the search history disappeared. The app was perfect until that thing disappeared.

• Casual Listener
  • Can I find the previous update to before when the search history disappeared. The app was perfect until that thing disappeared.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Unable to Download Local Files

Hi all. I have a premium account and I used to be able to download songs I had locally on my PC as a playlist, but the playlist now gets stuck at 0% "Waiting to Download." The files are definitely there, the playlist is enabled as Available Offline, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all.  I have a premium account and I used to be able to download songs I had locally on my PC as a playlist, but the playlist now gets stuck at 0% "Waiting to Download."  The files are d...
  • Smaktat
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs appear as loading and don't sync

After trying to sync some new local files to my device that were added to my playlist yesterday all of the local files that I have added over the past 2 months only appear as loading on my mobile device and won't sync.

• Casual Listener
  • After trying to sync some new local files to my device that were added to my playlist yesterday all of the local files that I have added over the past 2 months only appear as loading on my mobile dev...
  • Norberces
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to listen to tracks unless downloaded

Hi, this is a very recent issue as it's only started in the last few days. I'm unable to listen to any tracks unless I download them into a playlist first, sometimes it will work but will stop after a couple of tracks yet if I download the track or t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, this is a very recent issue as it's only started in the last few days. I'm unable to listen to any tracks unless I download them into a playlist first, sometimes it will work but will stop af...
  • svlahakos
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

sound problem spotify for android htc beatsaudio

No sound is produced when trying to play songs, offline and online, local and not, in my android app. Tried to update and reinstall, still not working. Android music app works fine. What up?

• Casual Listener
  • No sound is produced when trying to play songs, offline and online, local and not, in my android app. Tried to update and reinstall, still not working. Android music app works fine. What up?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify makes volume buttons lag and Spotify does not react to volume changes

(I use Spotify app on Android with a Sony Xperia SP)The last few days I have experienced that when I listen to Spotify and adjust the sound, it comes to a point where Spotify stops responding to sound button and get all the audio feature to lag.I hav...

• Casual Listener
  • (I use Spotify app on Android with a Sony Xperia SP) The last few days I have experienced that when I listen to Spotify and adjust the sound, it comes to a point where Spotify stops responding to ...
  • Wimboo
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Low Quailty Album Art

Is it just me? Or is the album art stretched? Just looks plain ugly on my Nexus 5.

• Gig Goer
  • Is it just me? Or is the album art stretched?  Just looks plain ugly on my Nexus 5.
  • st3rv1s
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Mobile App needs some serious overhaul

Hi, I've been a Spotify User ever since it was made available in my country, but right now, I'm really tempted to switch to Google Play Music All Access. And the only reason for that is Spotifys Mobile app. Organizing everything through playlists jus...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've been a Spotify User ever since it was made available in my country, but right now, I'm really tempted to switch to Google Play Music All Access. And the only reason for that is Spotifys ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Equalizer sounds HORRIBLE after and update. What happened?

Hello guys, Has anyone noticed that after an update that the Spotify Equalizer sounds horrible. It sounds so bad now that I can't even use it. It really compresses the music a lot now. My god what happened? I loved using the EQ because I listen to sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello guys,   Has anyone noticed that after an update that the Spotify Equalizer sounds horrible. It sounds so bad now that I can't even use it. It really compresses the music a lot now. My ...
  • sbaker1992
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to stop 48 hour trial?

I have got a new smartphone and installed spotify and the 48 hr trial startet automatically. But i need to connect spotify with my mobile provider in order to get the regular spotify premium account provided by my mobile contract. The provider told m...

• Visitor
  • I have got a new smartphone and installed spotify and the 48 hr trial startet automatically. But i need to connect spotify with my mobile provider in order to get the regular spotify premium account ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify desyncs continuously

I have a premium account I use on 2 devices, my ASUS Fonepad phablet and my Windows 8 laptop. I have songs saved to both, but the Android app keeps desyncing my songs repeatedly saying i have synced with more than 3 devices, but i only have 2.whats u...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium account I use on 2 devices,  my ASUS Fonepad phablet and my Windows 8 laptop. I have songs saved to both, but the Android app keeps desyncing my songs repeatedly saying i have s...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Possible Bugs: Track Data not updating via AVRCP or Lockscreen (sometimes)

Spotify Version: 0.7.4.606.gd2ce8b10 Android Version: 4.4.1 Can someone else confirm if they've noticed this? On the lockscreen or on a bluetooth receiver using AVRCP the currently playing track data is displayed. Sometimes when the track changes thi...

• Community Legend
  • Spotify Version: 0.7.4.606.gd2ce8b10 Android Version: 4.4.1   Can someone else confirm if they've noticed this?   On the lockscreen or on a bluetooth receiver using AVRCP the curr...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Undownloaded playlist after update

Hi there, I am a premium user and I have been always very satisfied with everything spotify has to offer. Now, last night I had an update and after that all my downloaded playlists became undownloaded. I am a sailor and therefore do not have the oppo...

• Hi there,   I am a premium user and I have been always very satisfied with everything spotify has to offer. Now, last night I had an update and after that all my downloaded playlists becam...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile Spotify .apk is out of date

The up to date version on the Play Store is 0.7.4, but I can only get the mobile website version, which is still stuck on 0.7.2. Very frustrating

• Roadie
  • The up to date version on the Play Store is 0.7.4, but I can only get the mobile website version, which is still stuck on 0.7.2. Very frustrating 
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes