Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Phone not showing up under devices.

Since wednesday my Android Phone (HTC Sensation) isn't showing up under devices. - preview releaseof new Android app installed: yes - same WIFI-network: yes - log on/of app while desktop client running: yes -reboot phone/desktop client: yes - reinsta...

• Regular
  • Since wednesday my Android Phone (HTC Sensation) isn't showing up under devices.   - preview releaseof new Android app installed: yes - same WIFI-network: yes - log on/of app while deskt...
  • vincenz2004
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Stream my tracks on MOBILE?

on android (newest beta) we cant play local files.. while im pretty sure we will be able to one day (seems easy enough) is there anyway for us to have our own server space to stream our own personal tracks from our spotify library and not just the st...

• on android (newest beta) we cant play local files.. while im pretty sure we will be able to one day (seems easy enough) is there anyway for us to have our own server space to stream our own personal ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

re-downloading deleted songs

I had a couple of songs saved on my standard Android music player that for some reason failed to play in entirety, I deleted them as they had shown up on my Spotify app and I couldn't download them again. Now whenever I try to get them on Spotify the...

• I had a couple of songs saved on my standard Android music player that for some reason failed to play in entirety, I deleted them as they had shown up on my Spotify app and I couldn't download them a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bluetooth Keeps disconnecting on HTC One S

When I use my HTC One S with a Parrot bluetooth car kit, the bluetooth seems to randomly disconnect, usually at the end of a song. I can reconnect the bluetooth and start the song playing again, but not too safe when you're driving! It makes it prett...

• Regular
  • When I use my HTC One S with a Parrot bluetooth car kit, the bluetooth  seems to randomly disconnect, usually at the end of a song. I can reconnect the bluetooth and start the song playing again...
  • HoGoPL
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't download all songs in the offline playlists

Hi. I have spotify premium, and almost every one of my playlists are offline, but some songs just doesn't get downloaded. I recently added the album "Hell: The Sequel" to a playlist and made it for offline use, and 3 random songs in the playlist got ...

• Hi. I have spotify premium, and almost every one of my playlists are offline, but some songs just doesn't get downloaded. I recently added the album "Hell: The Sequel" to a playlist and made it for o...
  • pinguinxy
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify said I was offline, so I logged out and deinstalled the app. After having installed it again, I tried to log in with but the app tells me that there are problems occuring "404". Anyone else having similar problems? Could be a problem with the...

• Spotify said I was offline, so I logged out and deinstalled the app. After having installed it again, I tried to log in with but the app tells me that there are problems occuring "404". Anyone el...
  • Richard
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

HTC Android - facebook popups

Hi there! Today, I was hoping to listen to music (spotify) on the way back from work, so I turned app on and started to cycle, music stopped playing after first song. I had to interrupt my training, get off the bike to check my my phone and I see wha...

• Hi there!   Today, I was hoping to listen to music (spotify) on the way back from work, so I turned app on and started to cycle, music stopped playing after first song. I had to inter...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search not working

Hi, just loaded the app but the search does not return anything. This is on a HTC sensation on android 4. The only search that works is voice.

• Regular
  • Hi, just loaded the app but the search does not return anything. This is on a HTC sensation on android 4. The only search that works is voice.
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not detecting phone

Im trying to sync some local files with Spotify on my HTC Wildfire S, but Spotify does not detect it as a Device. Why is it not detecting it? Quiet annoying tbh it is attached to the PC with a USB cabel as well over Wi-Fi.

• Regular
  • Im trying to sync some local files with Spotify on my HTC Wildfire S, but Spotify does not detect it as a Device. Why is it not detecting it? Quiet annoying tbh 😞   it is attached to ...
  • L337GoD777
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! samsung s3 online/offline issues

Spotify switches to offline all the time. Can force it to be online for 10 min at a time. Then the music stops ,even though im playing from an offline playlist . I am roaming and thats the reason im told when i log back in. why cant i stay online all...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify switches to offline all the time. Can force it to be online for 10 min at a time. Then the music stops ,even though im playing from an offline playlist . I am roaming and thats the reason im ...
  • Richard
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Honeycomb support

The new Spotify preview for Android is very promissing. Either there is still a bug on the Honeycomb Android devices. I find it rather disappointing that Spotify - like most other business - once again prefers fine iOS apps above Android apps. I once...

• The new Spotify preview for Android is very promissing. Either there is still a bug on the Honeycomb Android devices. I find it rather disappointing that Spotify - like most other business - once aga...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android App not loading properly

Up until about 10 minutes ago I've had no real complaints about the Spotify Android app. the app now ceases to load properly. I am running ICS 4.04 on a Galaxy Nexus (VzW). The beta app loads but all I get is a white canvas. The Google Play Store app...

• Up until about 10 minutes ago I've had no real complaints about the Spotify Android app.  the app now ceases to load properly.  I am running ICS 4.04 on a Galaxy Nexus (VzW).  The beta...
  • EdLSP
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7")

My playlists aren't found on the Spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7"). Anyone else have this problem, or a solution to it? Using Spotify on my tab was half the point buying it...

• Not applicable
  • My playlists aren't found on the Spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7"). Anyone else have this problem, or a solution to it?   Using Spotify on my tab was half the point buying it...&nb...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Bugs and stuff

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but oh well.I love spotify, its brilliant and rarely fault it. However lately I have been experiencing some annoying bugs which you're probably already aware of.1. On the Android app, when listening to...

• Not sure if this is the right place to post this but oh well. I love spotify, its brilliant and rarely fault it. However lately I have been experiencing some annoying bugs which you're probably alre...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium on 2 Android devices? Or just one device with Spotify Premium??

is it right that, If I would buy Spotify Premium, i could use spotify on two Android devices? I have a tablet and a smartphone, so i would like to use the same spotify(premium) accound on both.... is that possible? Or have i to pay for more mobile de...

• Casual Listener
  • is it right that, If I would buy Spotify Premium, i could use spotify on two Android devices? I have a tablet and a smartphone, so i would like to use the same spotify(premium) accound on both.... is...
  • MarioS92
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Airplay or DLNA push from android devices?

Hi Spotify and Community! I've been a longtime user of Spotify on the iPhone, but have just bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.0.4. The feature I currently miss the most, is the possibility of playing music on my mobile device and pushing the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify and Community! 🙂   I've been a longtime user of Spotify on the iPhone, but have just bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.0.4. The feature I currently miss the most, is the ...
  • upside_down
  • 14 replies
  • 75 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 75 likes

Solved!! Playlists I created appearing as created 'by In'

So essentially my playlists, those I have created, appear on my Android phone (not the case on my PC) as belonging to another user, 'In'. Just 'In'. https://www.dropbox.com/s/evcnfqjtan6orbg/2012-06-03%2016.23.17.png Anybody else getting this? Is the...

• So essentially my playlists, those I have created, appear on my Android phone (not the case on my PC) as belonging to another user, 'In'. Just 'In'.   https://www.dropbox.com/s/evcnfqjtan6...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Closing after 3 seconds

Dose anyone have a solution as to how I can get my spottily app to not close after 3 seconds, it keeps logging me out and staying offline when it eventually goes online it shuts down. Anyone have a solution or have the same problem

• Regular
  • Dose anyone have a solution as to how I can get my spottily app to not close after 3 seconds, it keeps logging me out and staying offline when it eventually goes online it shuts down. Anyone have a s...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

3g mode and unlimited spotify

My Sprint Evo phone has 3g so if i bought spotify unlimited would i be able to listen to my playlists wherever i have 3g or do i still have to have internet connection?

• My Sprint Evo phone has 3g so if i bought spotify unlimited would i be able to listen to my playlists wherever i have 3g or do i still have to have internet connection?
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Enormous CPU usage

I noticed that my battery was getting drained at a very high rate while using the ICS beta app on my Motorola Atrix with 2.3. CPU usage was 30-50%! Uninstalled and downloaded old Spotify app from play store, but Im still getting 30-50% CPU usage! Son...

• Music Fan
  • I noticed that my battery was getting drained at a very high rate while using the ICS beta app on my Motorola Atrix with 2.3. CPU usage was 30-50%! Uninstalled and downloaded old Spotify app from pla...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes