Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not logging in properly on android

Not logging in properly on android

I have the android client on my phone and everything works as expected. However, when I try to use the android client on my tablet I can't log in properly.

My username and password work fine but none of my playlists appear and it shows me as unsubscribed (even though I am definitely subscribed). Additionally, on the phone that works I am identified by my username but on the tablet the app identifies me with my (real) name and shows my facebook photo (not shown on phone). I don't recall ever providing my facebook details or linking the accounts.

I have reinstalled the app several times, deleted cache and saved data (via settings), deleted app data and cache (via android settings), restarted multiple times. I also deleted all but one of my offline devices in my profile.

Nothing works. Can someone explain what is wrong and what I have to do to resolve the situation?

3 Replies

Are you definitely logging into the app using your username (not your Facebook details or your email address)?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes 100% - just my username as shown in my account overview online which correctly shows me as subscribed.

The same thing happened on my phone. I logged out and then back in to find that My Music was empty, the account was unsubscribed, and it was somehow linked to my Facebook profile (it used my FB photo).

I just recieved a response from my support request and the message was essentially "You should be able to access your account without issue". Thanks, that's really helpful.

1) Can anyone help with the issue I'm experiencing?

2) How do I provide feedback on the quality of support I have recieved so far?

Suggested posts