Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

You should be able to block certain artists or groups so you never get recommended their music

Solved!

You should be able to block certain artists or groups so you never get recommended their music

So i have seen a couple iterations of this idea being knocked around, and spotify even implemented something like this, but it's only for albums or specific songs.  I just dont think thats broad enough.

Like, say if you just absolutely did not want to listen a certain artist, and they are constantly popping up on your recommended feed, or in the play more section of a certain playlist, it can get really frustrating.

I don't want to have to go through and individually block every album/song said artist has, especially if they've been around for a while.  It would be far more efficient to simply have a "block" or "don't like this" feature for artists or groups as a whole.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @JSalvato

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

No worries, you can head over to the Artist's profile > 3 dots > Don't play this. This should block all content from that artist on all your devices.

Note that if a song is featuring that artists it might still be played.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @JSalvato

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

No worries, you can head over to the Artist's profile > 3 dots > Don't play this. This should block all content from that artist on all your devices.

Note that if a song is featuring that artists it might still be played.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I had no idea, thank you so much!!! You're a lifesaver 🙂

Suggested posts