Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

all tracks are greyed out

all tracks are greyed out

Looks ok in playlist but when chosing album Songs are greyed out.
9 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Do you get an error message when you try and play those tracks? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Same here ! The most songs in my playlist are greyed ๐Ÿ˜ž can not play them (Android 4.2.2 - Galaxy S4)

The same append on the web version, exactely the same songs are grey...

The only player who run is the software one on desktop computer and also runnig good on iOS 

Really need help, thanks in advance

Any solution that I can use Spotify on my Galaxy S4 ?

@Heretic wrote:

Same here ! The most songs in my playlist are greyed ๐Ÿ˜ž can not play them (Android 4.2.2 - Galaxy S4)

The same append on the web version, exactely the same songs are grey...

The only player who run is the software one on desktop computer and also runnig good on iOS 

Really need help, thanks in advance

Hey ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Are those tracks stored as local files (mp3's) on your computer at all? 

If so you need to sync them to your devices using the steps here

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello Peter,

I think you misanderstood our problem.

I don't want to synch my thousand files on my Android, I want just a list to stream them from Spotify on my Android like it was possible on my iPhone. Some are grey on my iPhone, it's normal because I created my playlist on my computer from my mp3. But for exemple, one of my playlist is 1400 titles, on my iPhone only maybe 800 are grey but on my Android they are all in grey !

The same happend on the web version of Spotify, they are all grey ๐Ÿ˜ž

Some other folder with around 9000 titles have maybe 8500 in grey on my Android and the web version and only 3000 on my iPhone

Really need help since I'm a Premium user who use mostely evry day Spotify

By the way, how to hide grey files on Android ? any option to do this ?

Thanks for your support

Has there been a solution to this issue?  I joined Premium so I could listen to my playlists (made up completely of songs from Spotify) at my desk, home, and/or when I'm mobile.  I use both an iPhone 4S and a Galaxy S4.  None of my mobile devices play all the songs in my playlists.  They play fine on my computer but only some play on my mobile devices.  The others are simply greyed out.

I've gone through all the comments on as many threads as I can find about this but there have been no solutions.

Can anyone explain this?

Thanks

photo.JPG

That image suggest you were trying to play a song you have on your computer as a local file which hasn't been synched to your mobile. Can you give some more information as to specific issues you are having?

I think I have the same issue! I've had it on and off over the years. More specifically every time I install Spotify on a new device. It always says that I don't have a Premium account (which I have) and that's why the songs are greyed out...

I started using Spotify in 2009 after an invite. There were no accounts at this time. Then I became a Free user for some time before I payed for the Premium account so I could get Spotify on my iPhone. Since then I've changed phones, bought an iPad and a Windows 8 PC and every time I have had trouble getting my Premium account to follow me!

What's up with that?

I only get that when my premium runs out (apart from on IOS) 

I just got an S4 - ill try it and see

Suggested posts