Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

app keeps crashing when I try to play songs

app keeps crashing when I try to play songs

Whenever I try to play any song on spotify the app immediately crashes, has been happening for a month-ish I've tried uninstalling, clearing cache and I dont know what to do
3 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for posting on the Community!

To check, does the same thing happen if you connect to a different network? For example, if you're currently using 4G/5G, you can try connecting to WiFi.

Also, are you experiencing this issue with every device you use Spotify on, or only with a specific device?

It would also be helpful if you could let us know what kind of device and operating system you're using, along with the Spotify version.

We'll see what we can suggest. Cheers!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having this issue with my Android S22 on Spotify version 8.9.4.304.

I have tried on various wi-fi accounts as well as 5g network and the problem replicates on all connections. 

I am confident saying that this is a bug introduced with your last app update.  Hope it is resolved promptly as I am on the verge of canceling my plan. No need to pay for something that isn't functional. 

Hi @Slamson721,

Thanks for the reply. Can you confirm if you also tried a clean reinstall on your end? If the issue persists after that, can you send us a screen recording of the behaviour please? That will help us find the possible root cause. If the files are too large to attach here in the Community, you can send them to us via Google Drive or as unlisted YouTube videos.

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts