Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

black display

Solved!

black display

Hi,

After I click on the app the screen goes black for a few seconds and then it sends me back into menu. The app is running on my ram memory and it's working when I start listening through pc but i can't run the app on my phone. Other apps works fine as always so it must be the app problem. I tryed reinstal the app and also followed some steps in guide whitch should fix the problem but the problem is still here..

Can you help me please? I have premium and I really like Spotify. 

Thank you,

Jan Cwik

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @marlonsphere,

I created new account and everything works fine now. Don't know where was the problem.. Maybe in settings of the acc but I never changed anything so I don't know. 

Thanks,

Aego

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hello @AegoCwik. Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Looks like you may need a clean install, which means deleting everything Spotify has created on your phone. Here's how:

1. Uninstall the app from your phone by going to 'Settings' -> 'Apps' then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it. Once loaded press 'Uninstall'.
  2. Using a file manager make sure that the below folders are deleted if they still exist:
  • /emulated/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /data/media/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music

You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this.

1. Reinstall from the Play Store.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Thanks,

marlonespi

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a SOLUTION.

If you like my post - Please add LIKES to it.

***I'm not by any means working or related with Spotify. I’m just trying to be helpful; that’s it!***

Hello @marlonsphere. I did what you wrote. There were no folders below so I reinstalled app from the Play Store and after log in it worked. But when I closed the app and tryed to run it again, it didn't work. Again the same problem. 

Any other advice?

Thank you

Marked as solution

Hello @marlonsphere,

I created new account and everything works fine now. Don't know where was the problem.. Maybe in settings of the acc but I never changed anything so I don't know. 

Thanks,

Aego

Suggested posts