Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't see select synced offline playlist when not connected to internet

can't see select synced offline playlist when not connected to internet

Nexus 4, newest android version, newest Spotify version.

I sync a playlist, I made, called best of rock, and then, when I am sure it's finished syncing, I disconnect wifi and try to view the playlist, but when I click on it, there is nothing there (it does open, but doesn't show any music).
Nothing else seems to be wrong with either the app, or phone. This also happens when I try to sync a rock playlist from a friend.

All other playlists sync perfectly fine.

I've friend the things in trouble shoot post, eg reinstall, change sync quality...

I have more than enough space on the phone, and it has never been rooted. I use "action launcher pro"

Please help
8 Replies

Hi. I think you may have been sabotaged by the large playlist monster. If the affected playlist contains over 333 tracks, please follow these instructions. Otherwise please shout 🙂

1. Create a new empty playlist on your desktop client.
2. Copy all the tracks from the affected playlist in batches of around 100.
3. Enjoy your music.

177 tracks

It works on extreme quality, not normal.

I still consider it a problem due to large file size

How much free space is the relevant SD showing just out of interest and what happens if you move a few tracks at a time into a new playlist?

I have the same issue with 20.45GB free on SD. I usually leave Offline Mode to On, as Spotify appears to also use huge amounts of 3G data if not even though I only play cached playlists, but I have to switch it to Off while the playlist loads, start playing my songs and then I can switch it back to On.

Samsung Galaxy S3 running version 0.6.4.47

If spotify is in offline mode it can't talk to the desktop app so that's as expected. You need to switch off offline mode to synch music then turn it back on when done.

I already have my music synched, but the playlist will not appear unless it can connect to the internet. Once it appears, it can play straight away and I can switch to offline, but I need the internet connection every time I want to play that playlist.

You have this with all playlists or just one in particular? Are the songs spotify downloads or local files you synched?

It just seems to be one with 650 tracks.

They're mainly Spotify tracks, but a few are linked to MP3s I have instead.

Suggested posts