Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

HOW TO: Saving to SD Card - ( 0.5.12.52 ) almost gave me cancer

I have no idea what you guys are doing in your software developement team, but all i can say is that you can do far better!LET ME TELL YOU MY STORY:first of all - my device: Samsung Galaxy S2 with 4.1.2 Jelly Bean + Touch wiz ( stock ROM ) So i just ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have no idea what you guys are doing in your software developement team, but all i can say is that you can do far better! LET ME TELL YOU MY STORY: first of all - my device: Samsung Galaxy S2...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

gray overlay on screen

My Spotify on my Galaxy Tab has a gray overlay on the screen. It was not there until my 2 day trial expired. I upgraded to Premium, but the gray overlay is still there. I can navigate and playa song, but it is all covered over by the gray "film".Albu...

• My Spotify on my Galaxy Tab has a gray overlay on the screen.  It was not there until my 2 day trial expired.  I upgraded to Premium, but the gray overlay is still there.  I can naviga...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist Entire Library Shuffle No Longer Works

I'm very upset with the new changes to the Spotify upgrade.I cannot use the shuffle option for the artist's entire music library.Shuffle only works on one album.Shuffle plays all the songs on one album rather than jump all around the catalogue.WTF?

• Casual Listener
  • I'm very upset with the new changes to the Spotify upgrade.I cannot use the shuffle option for the artist's entire music library.Shuffle only works on one album.Shuffle plays all the songs on one alb...
  • DennisC3737
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

can i play music in a week without internet?

can i play synced songs in offline mode in a week, on a vacation forexample?

• Casual Listener
  • can i play synced songs in offline mode in a week, on a vacation forexample?
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New Update - Spotify for Android 0.5.12.54

New Update - Spotify for Android 0.5.12.54 now available in Google Play. Release notes - EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE PREVIOUS VERSION!! Oh really Spotify, so absolutely nothing has changed between this version and the last version? Publishing release not...

• Community Legend
  • New Update - Spotify for Android 0.5.12.54 now available in Google Play.   Release notes - EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE PREVIOUS VERSION!!   Oh really Spotify, so absolutely nothing has ...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android 0.5.11.4

What's new in this version: - Fixed: An occasional problem that could remove offline playlists from the device.

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in this version: - Fixed: An occasional problem that could remove offline playlists from the device.
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

HELP

I have addressed this issue for two weeks now. It has gotten much worse. I can not modify my spotify on FB it gives me a whitelist error message.. I can not make any privacy changes on FB to Spotify they will not allow me. NOW I CAN NOT LOAD SPOTIUFY...

• Visitor
  • I have addressed this issue for two weeks now. It has gotten much worse. I can not modify my spotify on FB it gives me a whitelist error message.. I can not make any privacy changes on FB to Spotify ...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All downloaded playlists at top (Atrix 2)

Atrix 2 running ICS. In the Spotify mobile app, on the Playlists screen, ALL my downloaded playlists are listed at the top under a "Downloaded" header, in some fashion that looks basically random. All my neatly organized folders and such are at the b...

• Casual Listener
  • Atrix 2 running ICS.   In the Spotify mobile app, on the Playlists screen, ALL my downloaded playlists are listed at the top under a "Downloaded" header, in some fashion that looks basically r...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Because of the quality of the apps, I've sadly had to unsubscribe.

I do love the service, but I mainly use it on my phone and tablet (both Android devices). I'd love to continue with it, but I'm just completely fed up with the quality of the apps. Apart from the looks, the app from over a year ago had much better fu...

• Visitor
  • I do love the service, but I mainly use it on my phone and tablet (both Android devices). I'd love to continue with it, but I'm just completely fed up with the quality of the apps.   Apart fro...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! premium problems

Hello, i have just purchased premium and am currently logged in and cannot access the service, please help.

• Hello, i have just purchased premium and am currently logged in and cannot access the service, please help.
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No Internet connection available

I am sick and tired of this message and want it fixed now!Please help me and don't say like oh you have to enable wifi or oh your not on 3g. Well guess what? I am on 3g and wifi still no connection to spotify on my SG note 2. On IOS it seems to work,...

• Music Fan
  • I am sick and tired of this message and want it fixed now! Please help me and don't say like oh you have to enable wifi or oh your not on 3g. Well guess what? I am on 3g and wifi still no connecti...
  • Dshay
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • No connection available
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

next song does not play untill i wake the screen

So right now this is what I have and have doneI am currently running a cm10 like ROM on a Galaxy S3. so I am not sure how compadable Spotify since I know they are not good with updates :-[ A song plays fine without a problem but when the screen is of...

• Gig Goer
  • So right now this is what I have and have done I am currently running a cm10 like ROM on a Galaxy S3. so I am not sure how compadable Spotify since I know they are not good with updates :-[ A ...
  • apollo
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Music no longer playing on samsung galaxy tab 2 7"

No music for a couple of weeks. Is there anyone with an old android app available?

• Casual Listener
  • No music for a couple of weeks. Is there anyone with an old android app available?
  • ACompletedProfi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No way to pause first song in playlist

When I first open Spotify on Android, open a playlist, and play the first song, it doesn't show up at the bottom of the screen, i.e., where you have the ability to fast-forward through the song, pause it, etc., so the only way to actually pause the m...

• Regular
  • When I first open Spotify on Android, open a playlist, and play the first song, it doesn't show up at the bottom of the screen, i.e., where you have the ability to fast-forward through the song, paus...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! gift card

I have a Samsung Galaxy Express and have downloaded Spotify. I used a gift card worth 10 dollars to use Premium on my phone, but when I open the Spotify app, all the songs in my playlists are greyed out. How do I fix this?

• I have a Samsung Galaxy Express and have downloaded Spotify. I used a gift card worth 10 dollars to use Premium on my phone, but when I open the Spotify app, all the songs in my playlists are greyed ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Move Spotify and Spotify Data to SD Card

I subscribe to Spotify Premium and I just got a new Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 2). On my old phone (Motorola Droid 2) I had my Spotify songs/playlists stored on my external SD card. This is critical for me as I store a tremendous amount of mu...

• I subscribe to Spotify Premium and I just got a new Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 2). On my old phone (Motorola Droid 2) I had my Spotify songs/playlists stored on my external SD card....
  • thatdbaclk
  • 3 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 8 likes

Facebook connection

I just updated to newest android app.A few seconds after login a "splash" window appears and want me to connect to Facebook.I do not want and press cancel in the top left hand corner.... Button does not work...Now I can´t use Spotify which I pay ever...

• Casual Listener
  • I just updated to newest android app. A few seconds after login a "splash" window appears and want me to connect to Facebook. I do not want and press cancel in the top left hand corner.... Button d...
  • DirH
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

asus nexus 7

trying to install Spotify on my new 3g Nexus 7, all i get is "This app is incompatible with your 02 Asus nexen 7"

• Casual Listener
  • trying to install Spotify on my new 3g Nexus 7, all i get is "This app is incompatible with your 02 Asus nexen 7"
  • groovekate
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android-spotify to Mac

Got a samsung galaxy 3 . got spotify premium app - dowloaded songs to phone - I want to transfer the songs to my IMac can't transfer to Mac- using Kies the Spotify songs don't show up on the list...help thanks.

• Got a samsung galaxy 3 . got spotify premium app  - dowloaded songs to phone - I want to transfer the songs to my IMac can't transfer to Mac- using Kies  the Spotify songs don't show up on ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

wont play as I need premium but I have one

I did a free 48 hour trial on Facebook. Now I subscribe to premium but it won't let me play and says I need premium

• I did a free 48 hour trial on Facebook. Now I subscribe to premium but it won't let me play and says I need premium
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes