Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cant download local files from computer to use on my Galaxy S8+

cant download local files from computer to use on my Galaxy S8+

I have local files that i imprted from say itunes into spotify, and on my iphone it worked fine, was able to sync it almost 100% no problem, but i switched phones recently to a S8+, and now for the life of me i cannot download said local files to be played on my phone. I ve done the stuff with checking firewall and that wasnt the problem and im out of options help?

5 Replies

Some more options for you.

• Your PC and mobile must be connected to the same Network/SSID and spotify should be running on your PC.
  • In your router settings, check that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled.
  • Make sure that Windows shows your network as private and not public.
  • Set exceptions for spotify in any firewall or internet security programme. If you are unsure how to do this, temporarily disable them.
  • Check that you haven't already hit the limit of 3,333 downloads per device or 9,999 downloads across all devices.
  • If you are using a wifi network outside of your home, there is every chance that the protocols used by spotify for downloading are blocked.

If you still can't make it work, you can create a mobile hotspot on your mobile and connect your PC to this hotspot via wifi. Syncing the local files should then work.

Tried everything you said and nothing worked, still nothing is being downloaded.

That's pretty unlikely unless your files are in a format spotify can't handle or they are DRM protected. Go through the list again carefully.

like i said before, nothing you said worked, ive done this about 4 times now im 100% sure it wont work the 5th time, any other suggestions?

Nope. You have a premium account and followed the steps here?

Suggested posts