Plan

Premium

Country Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy A5

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

I downloaded music onto my spotify account on my desktop and now im not able to listen to these songs on my smartphone. Is there a  way to do this ? I tried to add my own songs to a playlist and then download this playlist on my mobile device but i wasnt able to play my songs, only the ones which are on spotify already, obviously. Im also in the same wlan so I dont know what do to pls help me 

6 Replies

Hello @heillama!

You can only listen to the songs you download in the device that you download them from. If you want to listen to songs offline in your mobile device, you'll have to download them in your phone.

Are you able to download that playlist from your phone? I recommend reading this article about how to download songs from your phone.

If you can't download songs from your phone, I recommend reading this article and following its steps.

Let me know if that helped you, if not, make sure to reach out and I'll be happy to help.

Cheers, Jose 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello Jose,
yes I am able to download the playlist but I still cant hear the songs I
downloaded onto my Pc. Im also wondering how this is supposed to work
because as you said, the music should not be on my device however I asked
on twitter too and I got told that I should be able to listen to those
songs on my mobile phone, sadly they didnt know where exactly my problem
was, maybe you know what i am doing wrong ? 🙂

Are you talking about spotify music or mp3s you have imported into spotify on your desktop?

About mp3 music I converted on my desktop 😄

Ah. What happens when you follow the steps in this article to download the music to your mobile?

This is what it looks like on my phone

Suggested posts