Premium

Country

UK

Device

Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

A new device has appeared on my account: web player (chrome). I'm already linked to Echo Dot and Sonos. I can't remove web player (chrome) as a device, it only plays through this new device, and I can't change the music being played either. Help please!

4 Replies

Hey @richerscene,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

t's a good idea to go ahead and secure your account using the instructions in this Support Page. Don't forget to change the password for any service associated with your account, such as your email address, Facebook, or Apple.

We recommend that you also have a look at all third party apps that have access to your Spotify account and remove any you don't recognize. You can learn how to do this here.  For the other ones you should update the login info as well.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I got the same problem. Spotify are useless at helping and don't care that there site is not secure. You message them and they say to come here to also get no help.

I've changed my password, and clicked the end other device button but someone still controls my account.

Hi @Fraek

Welcome to the Community!

We understand where you're coming from and we'll do our best to help you out.

No worries, in this case we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify answer and following the steps you can find there. This will ensure that your account is secure and that you don't experience any of these interruptions. 

If you have any questions, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Another waste of time. Do you think I got this far without changing my password and pressing the button that itself says dosnt stop all devices.

People hack our accounts, why can't they be blocked. My account is useless as I'm not in control of if

Suggested posts