Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how to turn off this spotify connect popup?

how to turn off this spotify connect popup?

so there's this annoying notification at the bottom of my screen that says "[device name] is available" and it's popping up constantly which is incredibly annoying because i don't want to use spotify connect and the device popping up isn't even mine. is there a way to turn this thing off? i've searched in the settings but couldn't really find anything there.

10 Replies

Hi @user-removed,

Welcome to the Community.

We can confirm this is something expected when a device is available. At the moment, we don't have an option to disable Connect or turn off the notifications related to nearby devices. However, we recommend that you add your vote to this idea. If anything changes and this starts being looked into again, we'll post an update there.

If you need anything else, remember the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same annoying problem

I get this message even on my own phone when playing Spotify over the Sonos system.

Every time I open the app it tells me: "You are listening on....", then I need to click continue before I can enter the app.

This is very annoying!!!!! And I have this since the update.
Please fix this ASAP

I'm constantly getting this popup because I have three smart tvs in my house. This is aggravating enough I'm considering switching to YouTube music.  Fix this Spotify. It's awful.

Fix it please.

Absolutely horrific feature for shared networks, I'm staying in student accomodation and it's a nightmare trying to use the app.

I always have this “join section” pop up on my Spotify while I’m at school. I’m worry if people can see what I’m listening, So the question is “Can people actually see what I’m listening when the “join section” pop up on my Spotify? 

I've joined a few and I've been able to see what someone's listening to,
yeah

Very annoying. 

Every single time I start playing music and there's a device Spotify could connect to, I'll receive a prompt in the bottom right to 'connect to a device' right above the relevant button. It's very intrusive, takes up useful space and adds nothing. I already know where to press to connect to a device. I'd love to be able to stop this prompt from appearing.

Suggested posts