Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

local files not being downloaded to my phone

local files not being downloaded to my phone

i put a list of local files together that i normally listen to in other playlists but those aren't offline lists but i want to listen to those songs while i'm out too but when i purged my spotify data on my phone too clear some space i wasn't able to download those tracks to my phone anymore

i tried many things like reinstalling spotify, switching the folder on my desktop and switching my wifi connection from the remote access point to router nothing helped

3 Replies

Hey @dagowina, welcome to the community!

Let's try following the steps under the "I can't get local files on my mobile or tablet" section of this FAQ.

Fingers crossed you'll be able to sync them again in no time.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I find your lack of faith disturbing...

Not even reading my post and answering with a copy and paste text is pretty close to a direct insult...

Hey @dagowina!

I definitely red your post to send the info above. I honestly think there are some troubleshooting steps there that you didn't specify on your post and could help with this issue.

If you've already tried all the steps there, make sure your local files have all the required DRM since Spotify will not reproduce or sync pirated content.

Another thing that could be happening is the compatibility of the format. Spotify supports .mp3 and .m4p files that don't contain video, so make sure your local files have the right formatting.

Another thing to try is to first create a new playlist with your local files on the desktop and try syncing that playlist to your mobile device instead.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts