Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

lokal fils on cellphone

lokal fils on cellphone

I have local file on my PC and can see and play them on Spotify app on my computer, but on my android it is still gray and can't be played, help wanted
9 Replies

Hello! How are you?

Actually, Spotify plays the songs if they are stored on the device you are using. In this case, you have the file only on your computer, not on your phone, so you need to transfer it to your phone if you want to listen to your songs on it. You can see how by clicking here.

Keep me informed if you have more questions!

Hej.
Det i viser virker ikke. Jeg kan se sangen på min mobiltelefon men den kan
ikke afspilles.

Jeg ved godt hvordan man overfører, men den virker ikke.

Hi there @westlin,

Could you confirm that the local files are in .mp3 format? Make sure you've enabled Show audio files from this device in the app's Settings > Local files, and that Spotify is allowed access to your phone's files and media, as well as photos and videos (this can be done in your phone's Settings > Apps > Spotify > Permissions).

It's also worth rebooting your phone, if you haven't already - this will force a resync of all apps.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hej.

Jeg har kigget på alt det du fortæller og alt er som det skal være, fil er
mp3, samt indstillinger er også som i beder mig om. Det virker stadigvæk
ikke.

Venlig hilsen Kenneth

Thanks for trying Kenneth!

Are the files stored on an SD card? If so, try moving them to your phone's internal storage and rebooting the device to see if that does the trick. It's also worth removing the song from the playlist and adding it again to force a resync.

If the issue persists, try editing the file's metadata: if it has multiple artists, remove the featured ones and reupload it to your phone to see if it would sync then.

Let us know how it goes.

@westlin 

YordanModerator

Hej.

Den er på min intern lager på min mobiltelefon, der står at Spotify ikke
kan afspille den lige nu, sådan har det været lige siden jeg startede denne
besked hos jer.

Venlig hilsen
Kenneth

Just to confirm, does the file show up in the mobile app on your phone in the Local files folder in Your Library? Are you able to play it from there? If yes, you can add it to the playlist from the three dots menu.

In case the issue persists, please share a short screen recording which shows the following:

• how the song appears in the playlist
  • the contents of your Local files folder

It's also worth downloading the playlist as an alternative, if you haven't already. Just make sure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If you use a laptop, you can also start a mobile hotspot on your phone and connect your laptop to it.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

@westlin 

YordanModerator

Hi. I know, it have worked for me before,but not now. I have done this many times, but now it will not work.

Hey there @westlin

Thanks for your reply. 

If you've already tried the suggestions @Yordan sent previously, make sure to send us the screen recording he asked for so we can take a closer look at how things look like on your end. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts