Premium

Country

Italy 

Device

Oneplus X

Operating System

android 7.1

My Question or Issue

i own a Marantz NR1605, with spotify connect. i can see it as a device where to play my music from every PC where the spotify app is installed, but every time i search it from my phone, i cannot find it. 

it has been an issue sometimes in the past, but with the latest versions of the app, i cannot see it every time i try.

the AV receiver is connected to the LAN via ethernet, and has its own IP address. 

when i send my music to the receiver via PC app, then the android app sees it, and everything goes fine. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm having the same issue with the same receiver. I can connect via airplay but no longer via Connect. I notice that if you search for Marantz on the Spotify Connect site you no longer get any results, and scrolling through the supported devices doesn't show any Marantz products either.

It looks like Spotify quietly dropped support for Marantz or vice versa, which is odd considering Denon still shows as a supported brand (and I can connect to my Denon AVR via Connect still) and they're the same company as Marantz. It's also shady on one or both's parts since these are $500-2000+ AV receivers still advertising Connect as a feature.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

I'm having the same issue with the same receiver. I can connect via airplay but no longer via Connect. I notice that if you search for Marantz on the Spotify Connect site you no longer get any results, and scrolling through the supported devices doesn't show any Marantz products either.

It looks like Spotify quietly dropped support for Marantz or vice versa, which is odd considering Denon still shows as a supported brand (and I can connect to my Denon AVR via Connect still) and they're the same company as Marantz. It's also shady on one or both's parts since these are $500-2000+ AV receivers still advertising Connect as a feature.

it is really a pity. I started using spotify becouse of my marantz was "connected". 

trange fact that using the windows app the receiver is still present, though. in any case, i'm now using my TV as spotify device, then forcin audio to the marantz... 

I experienced the same issue. Some days ago my Marantz NR1605 was no longer in the list of spotify connect devices. Problem was solved when I changed the network settings to connect through Wifi instead of ethernet cable.

I'm on wifi, so that doesn't seem to be the issue. The issue seems to be that Spotify is spotty with Spotify Connect support and their documentation is insufficient for issues relating to it.

My NR1606's Connect function just died as well and no measure of changing setup or even factory resets has brought the Connect function back. Has anyone figured out a work around?

Hey everyone,

Thanks for searching or the answer you need here.

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came stumbled upon this thread. Please not that the support for Connect is subject to change over time. You can find a full list if all currently supported devices here. If your model isn't listed, regrettably issues with it's use are expected behavior.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts