Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

If I connect my phone to Bluetooth, it reshuffles the playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung A11Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueIf I connect my phone to any Bluetooth device, it reshuffles the playlist and skips the current song. If I'm listening to an individual song (outside of a playlist), a ...

• Roadie
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung A11 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue If I connect my phone to any Bluetooth device, it reshuffles the playlist and skips ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Watch Joe Rogan Podcast Full Screen on Android App

How can I watch the Joe Rogan video podcast in full screen on the Android app?

• Visitor
  • How can I watch the Joe Rogan video podcast in full screen on the Android app?
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to move my storage to SD card

Hello, I have Huawei y5 prime. Have an SD card with lots of free space. Tried to transfer the storage from internal to SD by the guide in the troubleshooting which shown like this:Tap Your Library in the menu at the bottom of the screen.Tap Settings ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have Huawei y5 prime.  Have an SD card with lots of free space.  Tried to transfer the storage from internal to SD by the guide in the troubleshooting which shown like this: Ta...
  • Cortybanks
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

App keeps "freezing" - audio information and sound don't match

I have a Huawei P30 pro running Android 9, premium Spotify and I'm in Portugal. Basically, what it says in the title. I've deleted and reinstalled the app and the bug keeps happening. The only temporary solution is closing the app.Example: I'm listen...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Huawei P30 pro running Android 9, premium Spotify and I'm in Portugal.   Basically, what it says in the title. I've deleted and reinstalled the app and the bug keeps happening. The on...
  • Beetssuck
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution "Liked songs" playlist doesn't contain all my liked songs

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceXiaomi Mi 9Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSo, I got the UI update for the library, and yeah I got mad when I saw it took away from me the ability to shuffle my entire library thanks to the "Songs" tab.From w...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country France Device Xiaomi Mi 9 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue So, I got the UI update for the library, and yeah I got mad when I saw it took away from ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 27 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 16 likes

Superuser Contribution something went wrong search android

android app search displays "something went wrong, try again" error. clearing cache and data did not solve the issue. Latest Spotify app version. Galaxy S7

• Visitor
  • android app search displays "something went wrong, try again" error. clearing cache and data did not solve the issue. Latest Spotify app version.   Galaxy S7  
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Android
    bug
    Search
    Search Playlist
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Music mutes between songs - Bluetooth & Uconnect

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMoto G6 and 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee UConnectOperating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or IssueI connect my Moto G6 to my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Uconnect). When I play Spotify, the songs go silent after almost every song...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Moto G6 and 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee UConnect Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue I connect my Moto G6 to my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify pauses during a specific song

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy a10eOperating SystemAndroidMy Question or IssueSpotify keeps pausing or crashing altogether when a song is played. Specifically, 2:05 of the song Trespass by Monsta X. It's been doing this for about th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy a10e Operating System Android My Question or Issue Spotify keeps pausing or crashing altogether when a song is played. Specifically, 2:0...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Searching and playing song repeats same song

PlanPremiumCountryUK DevicePixel 2Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueIf I search for an artist and play a song, the same song will play on repeat over and over. If I turn repeat off, it will play that one song and that is it. In the pas...

• Plan Premium Country UK  Device Pixel 2 Operating System Android Oreo    My Question or Issue If I search for an artist and play a song, the same song will play on repeat ove...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Where have the daily mixes gone?

PlanPremiumCountryNlDevice(Samsung Galaxy note 10plus)Operating System(Android Oreo) My Question or IssueI can't find my daily mixes any more, they are not under "unique for you"

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Nl Device (Samsung Galaxy note 10plus) Operating System (Android Oreo)   My Question or Issue I can't find my daily mixes any more, they are not under "unique...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't hear Spotify on Nest Mini at 40% volume

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceGoogle Home Nest MiniOperating SystemGoogle Nest My Question or IssueAt 40% volume on Nest Mini, I almost can't hear that music is playing with Spotify. If I increase the volume from 60 to 70%, sound is better but Google...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Google Home Nest Mini Operating System Google Nest   My Question or Issue At 40% volume on Nest Mini, I almost can't hear that music is playing ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

App does not wait for SD Card scanning, starts to download to internal storage immediately

PlanPremium (Family) CountryGermany DeviceAll Android devices with SD card slots and support for expanded storage formatting. (In my specific case, an Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8 2018) Operating SystemAndroid 9 (probably also present on Android 7, 8, 10 ...

• Plan Premium (Family)   Country Germany   Device All Android devices with SD card slots and support for expanded storage formatting. (In my specific case, an Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8 ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
    downloads
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Continues Syncing Issues

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(Computer Also)Samsung S20+, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S10.Operating System(Windows 10) Android 10, Oreo 8, Pie 9, Android 10 My Question or IssueI have seen many treads on this topic and the ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device (Computer Also)Samsung S20+, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S10. Operating System (Windows 10) Android 10, Oreo 8, Pie 9, Android 10 ...
  • evanfig
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Issues
    local files
    local files not syncing
    songs not syncing
    Sync issue
    sync local files
    Sync to Phone
    sync to web client
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution I don't want to shuffle play on my phone

I upgraded spotify to premium, but my playlists still shuffle. I don't want them to shuffle. How do I make it so I can just listen to my music in the order I have my playlists?? I'm using a samsung galaxy 4.

• Casual Listener
  • I upgraded spotify to premium, but my playlists still shuffle. I don't want them to shuffle. How do I make it so I can just listen to my music in the order I have my playlists??   I'm using a ...
  • patrickbucher
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution BMW iDrive integration not working 90% of the time

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUkDeviceOne plus 6tOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueWhy is the Spotify integration with BMW iDrive so unreliable and broken and does not work 90% of the time. Is this feature supposed to be working or is a known i...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country Uk Device One plus 6t Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Why is the Spotify integration with BMW iDrive so unreliable and broken and d...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing Downloaded Playlists in Car Head Unit

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueSpotify (Premium) on my desktop PC running Windows 10 and in my car's head unit that has Andr...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problem listening to Songs 100+ on Jussi Adler-Olsen"Schändung"

Hi, Since yesterday I'm not able to listen to the Songs 100 and more from the album "Schändung" by Jussi Adler-Olsen. Songs 1-99 work great, but all others don't. Please fix this Bug, I'd like to hear the rest of this book

• Visitor
  • Hi,  Since yesterday I'm not able to listen to the Songs 100 and more from the album "Schändung" by Jussi Adler-Olsen.   Songs 1-99 work great, but all others don't. Please fix this Bug,...
  • Xenia
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Galaxy S9 Just Crashes After Update

Updated to latest Galaxy S9 software QP1A.190711.020.G960FXXU7DTAA with One UI 2.0 and it crashes when I start the app. Spotify version 8.5.44.941. Have tried turned off battery optimization, turned on all permissions, cleared cache and data, reinsta...

• Casual Listener
  • Updated to latest Galaxy S9 software QP1A.190711.020.G960FXXU7DTAA with One UI 2.0 and it crashes when I start the app. Spotify version 8.5.44.941. Have tried turned off battery optimization, tu...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Mobile App keeps crashing - Xiaomi Redmi S2

PlanPremiumDeviceXiaomi Redmi S2Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueMy Spotify app keep crashing. It plays for a bit and then consequently crashes after a while. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app and checked it has got a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Xiaomi Redmi S2 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue My Spotify app keep crashing. It plays for a bit and then consequently crashes after a while...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    mobile app
    mobile app crashes
    xiaomi redmi s2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing after end of song when connected to bluetooth

Hello, i have a premium account in germany and a Samsung phone with android, it works well, till i connect to a bluetooth device. Then the Songs always stops at the end. Why? I can start any song manually, but it stops. I connected to a various group...

• Hello, i have a premium account in germany and a Samsung phone with android, it works well, till i connect to a bluetooth device. Then the Songs always stops at the end. Why? I can start any song man...
  • alancaster00
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes