Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

missing downloaded playlists

Solved!

missing downloaded playlists

Hi there Spotify people.
I recently accidentally let my premium subscription lapse. I've got my premium service back now but I have a problem with my previously downloaded playlists not appearing. My phone (Sony Xperia S) says I have 2.4 Gig of memory used by Spotify, presumably my downloads, but the app isn't showing them.
I've tried power cycling the phone, but to no avail.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You do not need to recreate any playlist,s they stay there just the "offline mode" is disabled.

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hello!

Can you try going into the app, selecting settings and going all the way down to "Clear Cache and data"? It should be the second to the last or similar to that. 

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

Will I lose my playlists if I delete all of the data?

Yes, you will lose the ability to listen to them offline. You will need to download them again after you clear the cache, but they will still remain in your account just not available offline. 

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

Okay, I think I understand.
The I need to clear all the data on my Spotify app, then recreate my offline playlists. If I do this I will still have my Spotify online playlists, this won't be affected by deleting the app data.
Correct?

Correct 🙂 It just deletes the stored songs on your tablet/phone, you will need to download them again. 

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

Marked as solution

You do not need to recreate any playlist,s they stay there just the "offline mode" is disabled.

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

Thanks.
Will the same thing happen if I let my premium account lapse again?

If your premium is not active, you will not be able to keep your offline playlists, so yes. It should let you download them again if you become a premium member again. 

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

I have somewhat the same issue. My phone broke. Downloaded Spotify on my new phone, however, all my playlists are missing when I log in. In fact, even though I have premium account, it made me sign up again with same login info and add credit card payment info again. You mention offline playlist. How/where can I locate this. I have collected so much music, impossible to replicate. Please help! Thanks!

Hey, rather than worrying about playlists for the moment, I suggest you get in touch with the support guys using the contact form as it very much sounds like you have managed to create a second account and will probably be debited twice every month. They can also help you get back to your original account where your playlists live.

If you get an automated email back, please reply to it to make sure your case is progressed.

O M G
You're probably right
Arghhh
Thanks for the suggestion!!

Suggested posts