Premium

Country

U.S.A.

Device

samsung galaxy 9+

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Every time I leave my home wifi and turn on mobile data, all of my downloaded songs will just all of a sudden appear as undownloaded and become unplayable. only when not on home wifi and only after switching to mobile data spotify requests me to redownload music thats already downloaded... ive cleared caches and reinstalled spotify on my computer and phone, even changed storage location from sd to internal, enabled access to storage on phone for spotify app too and nothings helped.

5 Replies

hey there @Paskem27,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. We're sorry to hear about this.

In this case we recommend that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This is different than a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

Keep us posted 🙂 We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This did not fix the issue.

Hey @Paskem27

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Just to confirm, did you follow the specific steps @Jeremy sent to reinstall the app? It's more thorough than a normal one. 

On another note, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

Additionally, would you mind letting us know how much storage space does your device have available?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Yes I did try the thorough reinstallation, my sd card and hard drive on my galaxy s9+ (model #: SM-G965U OS: Android version 10) have more than enough for the downloads. Spotify version 8.5.94.839. it still seems to ONLY happen when turning off wi-fi, and then turning on mobile data, they all than become no longer shown as downloaded but yet it is still shown using the same amount of storage space as if they were downloaded.

Hey @Paskem27,

Thanks for the info 🙂

It's a good idea to check if there are updates for the app with these steps.

You can also try removing the SD card, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Are there any changes?

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts