Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

next song does not play untill i wake the screen

next song does not play untill i wake the screen

So right now this is what I have and have done

I am currently running a cm10 like ROM on a Galaxy S3. so I am not sure how compadable Spotify since I know they are not good with updates :-[

A song plays fine without a problem but when the screen is off it will not go to the next track until I wake the screen. I cleared data and no luck.

Ideas? Could Jelly Bean be the problem
8 Replies

Hi there.

Not sure what your problem could be - you could try running through all the troubleshooting steps in the sticky thread at the top of this forum. Aside from that I doubt Spotify will be able to ever support rooted and custom ROM'd phones - there's just too much variance to cope with.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

@eatonjb wrote:
So right now this is what I have and have done

I am currently running a cm10 like ROM on a Galaxy S3. so I am not sure how compadable Spotify since I know they are not good with updates :-[

A song plays fine without a problem but when the screen is off it will not go to the next track until I wake the screen. I cleared data and no luck.

Ideas? Could Jelly Bean be the problem

I have it on my jelly bean ROM and am having no issues.

Do you have background data turned off for the Spotify app? If so, it won't be able to use data when the screen is off 🙂

Background data is fine. Even ran a ping test on my home WiFi. The net connection is strong 100% . rdio and di. FM is fine. Same with amazon cloud and Google cloud music. 

Just wants to go into deeeeeeep sleep or something and only Spotify can't cope

@eatonjb wrote:

Background data is fine. Even ran a ping test on my home WiFi. The net connection is strong 100% . rdio and di. FM is fine. Same with amazon cloud and Google cloud music. 

Just wants to go into deeeeeeep sleep or something and only Spotify can't cope

Quite possibly. I'm just wondering right now - how much processor and RAM does the Spotify app actually use....

I have the exact same issue on stock ROM with nexus 7.

Once the tab goes to sleep mode, the next song won't start. It also sometimes happen that current track stops.

The only way to restart the music is to wake the device.

This bug make the nexus 7 unusable in party. Very frustrating !

PS : I went throught all the troubleshouting steps. I can record a video of the bug or provide logs if needed.

@semon wrote:

PS : I went throught all the troubleshouting steps. I can record a video of the bug or provide logs if needed.

I would reccommend that you make a new thread using the guide in that thread 🙂

I have the exact same problem. Really frustrating. I'm paying for this service and I expect to at least be able to play music without interruptions.

Suggested posts