Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

no songs will play, stuck at zero

Solved!

no songs will play, stuck at zero

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

LG Stylo 5

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Recently did a factory reset on my phone, after not using it for quite while. On spotify, I can view my library and all my playlists no problem. I can search and find songs just fine. When I try to play a song, it's always stuck at zero. I have never got one to play. I have fully updated my phone. I've logged in and out of the app, reinstalled the app, and cleared the cache - 6 times now. Not sure what else to try.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @yamo42

Thanks for sending us this info. 

In this case, we suggest that you remove your SD card > restart your phone > reinstall the app again following the steps @Mihail sent previously to check if that makes the difference. 

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you make sure that there aren't any cache clearing or battery optimization apps/settings running for Spotify in your phone.

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @yamo42,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain.

If that's the case - does the issue persists when switching to a different internet network? How about with downloaded songs, are they able to play correctly?

Also, can you confirm that there are no issues with the playback when logged in on another device or in on our web player?

Keep us posted. We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihali,

Thanks for the reply.

I have done everything in your guide several times, except deleting the com.spotify.music folder on my SD card. To be thorough, I just followed your guide to the letter. This time around there was no cache or data listed in my app storage settings, not sure why - but I assume that's because I have not been able to play a song on this install. Uninstalled, deleted the folder, powered off and waitied 15 minutes, reinstalled - and the issue persists.

It persists whether or not I am on my home wi-fi network or using mobile data, I do not have easy access to a second wi-fi network - but I can go try that if it will help.

As for downloaded songs- I have no downloaded songs and I am unable to download them, attempting to leaves me on "waiting for download."

No issues using the desktop app or the browser player on my Windows PC. Those are working correctly.

Also, while playing around with it I just noticed something that strikes me as odd.

If I search a song or a playlist - everything looks normal, and I can attempt to play a song but it it won't go past zero

If I search an artist or album, I get an error message.

I have provided a few screenshots.

Screenshot_20210403-125005.png

Attempting to play a song.

Screenshot_20210403-125025.png

Attempting to look up an album.

Screenshot_20210403-125225.png

Attempting to download a playlist.

Let me know if I can provide any more information.

Marked as solution

Hi @yamo42

Thanks for sending us this info. 

In this case, we suggest that you remove your SD card > restart your phone > reinstall the app again following the steps @Mihail sent previously to check if that makes the difference. 

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you make sure that there aren't any cache clearing or battery optimization apps/settings running for Spotify in your phone.

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Eni,

That did the trick, thank you. I appreciate you guys.

Hey there @yamo42,

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help. 

Have a nice one 🙂

EniModerator

Suggested posts