Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

not playing and no sound after the update

Solved!

not playing and no sound after the update

No song I choose plays, no sound, and the timer doesn't work after the version 8.5.88.883 update for Android

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Casper Via A1

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

No song I choose plays, no sound, and the timer doesn't work after the version 8.5.5 update for Android.

- music is not playing
- no sound
- not downloading music
- timer does not progress

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @SedatKa,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

We're sorry to hear that the app malfunctions after the installing the latest version. It's possible that some of the app files have gotten damaged during the update.

Let us know if the issues persists once you've performed a clean reinstall on the affected device. We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. This is a simple and very effective, but often overlooked step.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your progress.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @SedatKa,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

We're sorry to hear that the app malfunctions after the installing the latest version. It's possible that some of the app files have gotten damaged during the update.

Let us know if the issues persists once you've performed a clean reinstall on the affected device. We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. This is a simple and very effective, but often overlooked step.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your progress.

Mihail Moderator

Hi Mihail,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Actually, I found out what the problem is.

A similar problem occurred in the update about 1 year ago.

This problem is currently present in both Android and Windows 10 apps.

I can describe the problem as follows;

Android: 

- The problem is not solved even though I deleted the application completely.

- When I reset the android operating system to factory settings, the problem was not solved.

- I noticed that the main problem is with offline music files on external storage or storage location.

- If I chose offline music storage as internal memory, the problem would be completely solved. Also, if I select external memory again, the problem would recur.

Microsoft Windows:

- I noticed frequent hang-ups or freezing app while listening to music.

- Offline music is on the D drive in my Windows 10 operating system.

- All I did was turn off the "downloads" button for each album/playlist.

- Thus, problems such as hanging and freezing are solved.

As a result;

I think Spotify's applications on all platforms need improvement regarding offline music and storage locations.

Kind Regards,

Sedat

Hey @SedatKa,

Thanks for getting back to us and for describing your situation so well.

If you're using an SD card with your phone, you might need to format it and then reinstall Spotify. Also, if you're using one, make sure it's not formatted as "Internal" memory since formatting an SD Card to be used as Internal memory (called "Adoptable Storage") creates issues with the Spotify cache and downloads. You'll also find more info on how to download your music to your SD card in this article.

As for your PC - keep in mind that every time you start up the app, it makes an automatic check with our servers if you have the most recent version of your songs downloaded. Could you let us know the approximate number of the downloads you had? If you have the option it would also help us if you could test if the problem comes up with another internet connection.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Mihail Moderator

Suggested posts