Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Clear currently playing song from queue

I'm not looking to clear the up-and-coming queue. I know how to do that.I'm also not looking to clear the currently playing song from my playlist. I'm satisfied with the songs in each of my playlists.I can't really get any more specific in my search ...

pajrc1234_0-1596419678032.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I'm not looking to clear the up-and-coming queue. I know how to do that. I'm also not looking to clear the currently playing song from my playlist. I'm satisfied with the songs in each of my playlis...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution radio won't play newer music

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceXiaomi Redmi Note 8 ProOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI've tried out the KPop Radio and noticed that it won't play newer music. It only plays music from 2000-2012. Can I change it that it plays all generati...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Operating System Android    My Question or Issue I've tried out the KPop Radio and noticed that it won't play newer mus...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Videos don't appear.

PlanPremiumCountryEnglandDevice(Samsung Galaxy s10e)Operating System(Android 10.) My Question or IssueMy issue is the option to watch videos don't appear the spotify app at all, the category doesn't exist on the search screen (as shown on the attache...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country England Device (Samsung Galaxy s10e) Operating System (Android 10.)   My Question or Issue My issue is the option to watch videos don't appear the spotify ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Change Android App language

PlanPremiumCountryUkraineDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10eOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueHi! I have an issue with Spotify Android App. I'm from Ukraine and speak Ukrainian and my phone uses Ukrainian as default language. Since there is no Ukr...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Ukraine Device Samsung Galaxy S10e Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Hi! I have an issue with Spotify Android App. I'm from Ukraine and speak Ukra...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution All of the songs in my liked list have gone(over800)

Im a premium member and have been for years, yesterday I updated the app and when doing so lost nearly 850 songs. When I try to re download or re like it already has the mark saying its done, u can't see any of them or listen, I have tried to restart...

• Visitor
  • Im a premium member and have been for years, yesterday I updated the app and when doing so lost nearly 850 songs. When I try to re download or re like it already has the mark saying its done, u can't...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution One album is unplayable from only my account

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceGalaxy S10+ My Question or IssueStarting today, one album, Tighten the Reins by Puzzle, is unplayable on my phone, my laptop and the web player. One song, All the Best, was downloaded and plays fine, but the rest ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Galaxy S10+   My Question or Issue Starting today, one album, Tighten the Reins by Puzzle, is unplayable on my phone, my laptop and the web play...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Aplicacion se cierra al verificar almacenamiento

PlanFamiliarCountryColombiaDeviceSony Xperia L1Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or IssueCordial saludo, la aplicacion estaba funcionando bien pero desde hace unos dias, las canciones que tenia descargadas en la SD se cambiaban automaticamente ...

• Visitor
  • ...erificando y se cierra la aplicacion. Ya intente algunos consejos que publicaron y nada que se soluciona, desinstalé y volví a instalar pero nada, borre archivos y tampoco, no se que hacer, por favor ayuda.
  • maryad
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Stopping

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,e...

• Visitor
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macb...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

Does spotify have the ability to download playlists to android wear for offline playback on the watch giving me the ability to leave my phone at home? The wear app doesn't work for me at all on my LG Watch Sport / Pixel XL.

• Casual Listener
  • Does spotify have the ability to download playlists to android wear for offline playback on the watch giving me the ability to leave my phone at home?    The wear app doesn't work for me ...
  • steveharman
  • 108 replies
  • 118 likes
  • 108 replies
  • 118 likes

Spotity doesn't want to open some playlists and albums!

Spotify can't open the playlists and albums of an artists page but it let me open one that's not from one. I tried to reinstall the app, unistall it in the most cleanest way, but nothing. I'm using a phone with Android 6.

• Visitor
  • Spotify can't open the playlists and albums of an artists page but it let me open one that's not from one. I tried to reinstall the app, unistall it in the most cleanest way, but nothing. I'm usi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Erratic behaviour when using Spotify on my BMW

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceXiaomi A3Operating SystemAndroid 10My Question or IssueSpotify is a nightmare since the 2 years I have my BMW 5-series Every time it's a guessing game : - Will it work fine ? (yes 20% of good behaviour) - Will the sound...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium Device Xiaomi A3 Operating System Android 10 My Question or Issue Spotify is a nightmare since the 2 years I have my BMW 5-series 😞 Every time it's a guessing ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify use 500 megabytes in 30 minutes

The last days spotify has used a lot of megabytes, wich did not happen before. I tried changing the streaming to normal but it didnt help. When it happend i just had bought jabra elite 65t wireless headphones. They connect with bluetooth so i cant un...

• The last days spotify has used a lot of megabytes, wich did not happen before. I tried changing the streaming to normal but it didnt help. When it happend i just had bought jabra elite 65t wireless h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App crashes when i open it

Have re installed app deleted all its data etc reset phone , tried everything, but for 2 days now as soon as I open the app it just closes instantly...PlanPremiumCountryNew Zealand DeviceHuaweiOperating System Android My Question or Issue app crashin...

• Casual Listener
  • Have re installed app deleted all its data etc reset phone , tried everything, but for 2 days now as soon as I open the app it just closes instantly... Plan Premium Country New Zealand   D...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    crashing
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio Queue greyed out Galaxy Tab s6, viewable desktop

PlanFreeCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy Tab s6Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI've noticed that the "queue" button in Spotify on my Galaxy Tab s6 is greyed out yet on the desktop (Win10) version of Spotify it's clickable just fine.Is...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy Tab s6 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I've noticed that the "queue" button in Spotify on my Galaxy Tab s6 is greyed o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No go-to-radio-playlist function

PlanFreeCountryRussiaDeviceHonor 9 LiteOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWhen I chose the playlist and go to the "three-dot" menu there's no go-to-radio-playlist function, but I have one in the desktop version on Windows 10.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Russia Device Honor 9 Lite Operating System Android  My Question or Issue When I chose the playlist and go to the "three-dot" menu there's no go-to-radio-playlist func...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Google alarm not working despite suggested fix

PlanFreeCountryCanadaDeviceTeracubeOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueMy alarm is not consistently connecting to Spotify. Sometimes it works, sometimes I get a beeping alarm instead, sometimes I get silence and sleep through my "alarm", an...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Canada Device Teracube Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue My alarm is not consistently connecting to Spotify. Sometimes it works, sometimes I get a bee...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app loading/many other issues

Hello friends,I have been having ongoing trouble with the Spotify app for about a year now that Spotify has yet to help me or get back to me about. I was run through a bunch of fixes and nothing worked. I remember at one point the app worked fine for...

• Hello friends, I have been having ongoing trouble with the Spotify app for about a year now that Spotify has yet to help me or get back to me about. I was run through a bunch of fixes and nothing ...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problems with my App

Yesterday everything worked fine. Then while playing Music, the App crashed and I have to log in again. But when I'm trying to log in, it says me that I'm offline. I'm not offline!!! After trying the Link, it says the link is expiredAfter checking my...

• Visitor
  •   Yesterday everything worked fine. Then while playing Music, the App crashed and I have to log in again. But when I'm trying to log in, it says me that I'm offline. I'm not offline!!! After tr...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Stop synching play across devices

Just raising my voice trying to get you to disable automatic sync play across devices. I have one Android smartphone I'm listening pods on. I don't want that one to sync with any other device I use, I always want it to resume the last pod I listen on...

• Regular
  • Just raising my voice trying to get you to disable automatic sync play across devices.   I have one Android smartphone I'm listening pods on. I don't want that one to sync with any other devic...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lock screen controls on Pixel 4/Android 10

I just set up my new Pixel 4 yesterday, and one thing I notice is that the Spotify widget with playback controls no longer appears on the lock screen. Now, the Pixel 4 does have the ability to use gestures (i.e. wave your hand) to skip forward or bac...

• Regular
  • I just set up my new Pixel 4 yesterday, and one thing I notice is that the Spotify widget with playback controls no longer appears on the lock screen. Now, the Pixel 4 does have the ability to use ge...
  • greiko
  • Visitor
  • 14 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 7 likes