Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

offline sync has stopped cuz of limited memory

Solved!

offline sync has stopped cuz of limited memory

I have trouble getting my offline list download. I got a new Xperia z1 compact by warranty after an accident and then suddenly all my offline lists were heading towards the internal 16gb memory instead of my external 64gb as before. So I could just get a few Playlist synchronized. Then I tried deleting everything including the app. Reinstalled and started syncing again. Then after a few seconds I got a message saying my memory was full. It surly ain't so my question is simply what is going on?
thankful for quick help
Regards
Mac

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Okay, Imma try that but the first thing I do when reinstalling Spotify is 2 check extreme for download and high for streaming, it hasn't been a problem before and I have like 40gb left on the SD card.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey, have you checked to see what the quality setting for syncing offline playlists is? If it's on "high", this might be the issue. High quality syncing takes up more memory. Try normal or a low setting, and you should be able to sync more music 🙂

Marked as solution

Okay, Imma try that but the first thing I do when reinstalling Spotify is 2 check extreme for download and high for streaming, it hasn't been a problem before and I have like 40gb left on the SD card.

I'm going to pop this over into the Android section. 😉

It's worth trying the steps here too:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-4-4-2-Cache-on-external-SD-card-is-possible/td-...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Also try the guide linked in my signature. There are some tips for being the sd card working properly.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts