Premium

Country

NL

Device

OnePlusNord

Operating System

Andoid 11

My Question or Issue

Hi, I don't know if I'm going blind or if some UX experiment is fooling me: I can't get the Android Spotify app to play on the phone, after I connected to an external device (bluetooth headset, Google Home, etc)

See screenshot.

Observed behavior

- On the Song view, tap the "Playing on" text

- "Listening on" screen shows up

- Screen shows where the song currently plays (my bluetooth headset, in screenshot) and my other connected devices 

- Screen doesn't provide an option to play on the phone speakers

Expected behavior

- "Listening on" screen also offers to play on local device, for example, with a "Play on this phone"  item alongside the bluetooth headsets and Google Home devices

Current workaround

- I open the Android settings to disable Bluetooth. It disconnects from all my devices, including the headset spotify is playing on. Spotify then defaults to playing on "this phone" again

jb07_0-1634918156664.png

1 Reply

Hi there @jb07,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

This happens because the playback is actually coming from your phone, but since your headset is connected via Bluetooth to the phone, the audio being played on the phone is going to the headset.

As seen on the screenshot, it shows ''Listening on WH-1000XM3 from this phone''.

If you want the playback to come from the phone's speaker, then you'd need to disconnect the Bluetooth headset.

Hope this clears things up. The Community is here in case you have any questions.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts