Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Huawei P10 lite

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

Since last week the "Made for you" section (from where I used to access daily and weekly mixes) just vanished on my mobile Spotify. I can still see them on my desktop but they've become inaccessible on my phone.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @FJSP.

Thanks for getting back to us!

Could you try going to 'Search' or 'Suche' in your case? See if you can find 'Made for you there'. Don't tape the Search box, rather look among the tiles that should appear after opening the Search tab.

Hope it's there! Let us know if it's not and what you are finding there instead.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey there @FJSP,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, do your Discover Weekly or Daily Mixes appear when searching for them? Any screenshots of what you see would be helpful so we can take a look on our end 🙂 Just make sure that no private or sensitive info is displayed.

We'd also recommend logging out and back in your Spotify account on your Android device to shake things up.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd suggest trying a quick reinstall of the app on your device by following the steps here

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Thanks a lot for answering, searching for them works, I didn't know that that's possible. Getting the quick access back would still be great since searching for them while driving can be tedious. I've tried reinstalling, but unfortunately that didn't help. I've attached Screenshots of my whole home section though I'm not sure if they're helpful.

Hey @FJSP.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Screenshots of your Home section would help. Perhaps we can spot something odd which could point us into the right direction. Because the playlists from the Made for You section should be in Home under 'Made for [username]'

As a temporary workaround you can follow any but the Daily Mixes from the Made for You section.

Let us know what you can find.

Have a nice day!

I'm sorry, I thought I had already sent the screenshots with my last reply; something must have gone wrong. They should (I hope) be attached to this reply.

Edit: my whole home section would be 10 screenshots like this one and I'm not allowed to upload more than 3

Screenshot_20190502-152811.jpg
Marked as solution

Hey @FJSP.

Thanks for getting back to us!

Could you try going to 'Search' or 'Suche' in your case? See if you can find 'Made for you there'. Don't tape the Search box, rather look among the tiles that should appear after opening the Search tab.

Hope it's there! Let us know if it's not and what you are finding there instead.

Have a nice day.

Thank you for your help, that's exactly the kind of quick access I was looking for. It never occurred to me to

use the search tab without searching. 😄

Hello @Guido 

I've been following this thread as I'm facing same problems as reported by @FJSP

First of all thanks for Your help and the workaround provided.

Nevertheless the issue persists as "Made for You" playlists accessed by search remain shuffle only for me:

Plan 

Free

Country

Germany

Device

Huawei-Honor 5c 

Operating System

Android 7.0

Client version

I have tried:

1) fresh install onto a spare device: problem persists

2) install older known good release 8.4.98.892: problem persists 

3) use Spotify webplayer on Brave browser for Android: problem persists 

4) fresh install on Ubuntu 18.0.4 LTS (current snap package): the "Made for You" playlists appear on home screen, playable ordered as expected. Additional observation: I've been on a slow network, saw daily recommendations until the "Made for You" section arravid. As soon as "Made for You" appeared daily recommendations vanished.

Hope this helps tracking (obviously serverside) problems down.

thx -- Thomas 

Hi @ is the 'made for you' section available there for free users as well?

When I go to 'search' page on my Premium account, it shows 'made for you'. However, when I use a Free account, it's not there. I can only find it by searching for 'daily mix' and then 'made for you (genre)' appears as a result. 

Suggested posts