Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Now Playing" song gets stuck on the same song

"Now Playing" song gets stuck on the same song

The song listed as currently playing gets stuck on one song. Any song that I play will show as the song that gets stuck, even though my laptop and amazon devices show the correct song that's playing. It fixes itself randomly, but I'm not sure how. Closing the app doesnt fix it. It just seems to go back to normal after several days of being stuck. It might be related to me using the Spotify app on my Samsung Active Watch 2 as a remote, since that makes the app open when ever my arm brushes anything. Sorry about the convoluted explanation. I've attached screenshots of the currently playing song and the playlist showing the song that's actually playing. 

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Galaxy Note 10 plus

Operating System

Android

Screenshot_20200126-095809_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20200126-095815_Spotify.jpg
Top Answer
Peter
Spotify Legend

Hey @MichaelTapp @SellyOakBlade @joomak @runwitherik @loxleyoutlaw,

Thanks for posting about this here!

We just wanted to let you know that we're aware of this issue and we're currently looking into it.

Make sure to head over to this Ongoing Issue thread, where we'll keep you posted on our progress.

Cheers!

27 Replies

I also have the same issue. I did a totally clean uninstall and reinstall and it persists. Galaxy s9; and I've never owned a Samsung watch.

Hey @MichaelTapp @SellyOakBlade @joomak @runwitherik @loxleyoutlaw,

Thanks for posting about this here!

We just wanted to let you know that we're aware of this issue and we're currently looking into it.

Make sure to head over to this Ongoing Issue thread, where we'll keep you posted on our progress.

Cheers!

Hi,

I have the same issue tried a clean install still having same issue does appear to be a caching issue with the images not loading after playing new song or podcast seems to have started in the last month.

Spotify version 8.5.78.909

OS oxygen 9.0.11

Kind regards, 

Luke 

Started happening again. Song plays, bar not moving. The notification says spotify is trying to play the music. Uninstalled the app from my galaxy watch a week ago, so its not because of it. 

Screenshot_20201007-151321_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20201007-151344_Spotify.jpg

Hey @Lukefarrar and @Mightbreak!

Thanks for reporting this on the Community.

To help us investigate this, we'll ask you to leave your details and a +Vote here.

You can also subscribe to the thread via the 3-dot menu to get a notification when we have an update!

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Also happens to me (Spotify on latest Android 11). I do not have a smartwatch of any kind but use my car stereo (VW) via bluetooth regularly. Clean install only helped for a day or 2.

Same problem. I have reinstalled the app etc, don't own a Samsung watch, mentioned by some. Haven't changed devices or use of Spotify for years but this problem started recently and keeps happening every day now. Very frustrating as I can't see or change what's playing without shutting down everytime.

Hey and thank you for your comments here folks! 

In order to better facilitate tracking and reporting of this issue we need users who are experiencing this to go to our Ongoing issue thread and leave any info and a + Vote there.

We regularly gather all the details from the thread and pass it on to the team that investigates this.

We'll be closing this thread for new replies, but feel free to leave your feedback in the ongoing issue.

Thank you!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts